the real violence [ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Inspired by the documentary film Surplus by Erik Gandini

the real violence

grilla

wow - early in the morning, i didn't expect my subwoofer jump *that high* :hihi:

very nice tune, i like the mood - great job.

Thanks isdjan.
I must admit I haven't referenced this track on other systems yet. Something I need to do to get a proper sonic picture as I mix on hifi speakers.

Hope it didn't spoil your breakfast!!

grilla

no worry, nothing harmed over here. my breakfast (=coffee) was in a safe place. ruined too many keyboards this way already ;-)

the bass thing wasn't supposed to be a negative at all, as i wouldn't call this speaker setup a monitor solution.

On my 2nd listen now...like how your flirting with the chorus/phasing..or something like that.
I`m a sucker for shit like that.haha

Noticed how the Voice-over is pitched...cool effect never heard that anywhere before...very subtle,but makes for a nice effect.
That pitch fluttering sound is also a used well in this piece...sorta centers it all.

The lower freqency range in my sony mdr7505 phones here is way too heavy for this piece...but nothing I couldn`t correct by just turning the bass knob down on my mixer.

Gonna run it a few more times to really listen to this.

EDIT-I think I don`t like percussion in it...think i`d like it better without any.(just my personal taste.)
EDIT2-I liked how she jumps from center to hard left...but think the echo does`t work for me.imho

later grilla.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

cheers annode,
The voice over was generated by a text to speech engine, hence the unnaturalness of the pitch. So no clever stuff on my part there!
glad you like the phasing/flanging on the pad; a result of the kjaerhus classic flanger and phaser, and nitro modulating around each other.

looks like I'll have to give the bass freqs some attention then!

cheers
grilla

annode: edits noted

Very nice ambient piece grilla, the vocals sit real nice in the mix, although there were times it was harder to hear what she is saying which may be the way you wanted it. I love the drums, reminds me of Steve Roach a bit which is a good thing in my book. I also liked the little fluttering you did on that one sound as you fade out, nice touch. 8)

suburban grilla wrote:The voice over was generated by a text to speech engine...
He he. I thought so. I just did one with a TTS program too--had a thread going in Everything Else about it, won't go into it here.

Anyway, I too like the percussions. The squibbly one is really nice in here and pretty essential to the piece, as is the bass beat. Remove them (as someone suggested) and this would be pretty boring.

I'd kind of like the vocal in the beginning to be a little more up front and with some more FX on it (but something that allows it to be understood and not as flipped out as it later becomes). I love it when the big FX come in and totllay mess up the voice, perfect timing on that.

Nice work!

Cool.

I'm mean really. Nicely cooling on a hot day.

I'm growing to like your stuff alot!

Thanks for the replies folks!
I checked out your thread Emdot, I had a similar response from them myself (impressively quick).
I've got an FLStudio license so I might use the included speech synth in future.
Shame though...
... won't sound as sexy as Audrey
respirator wrote:I'm growing to like your stuff alot!
cheers, the feeling is mutual.

grilla

Shit, this is fcken marvellous !
Really enjoyed listening to this and really lulled into a coccoon like stillness.
Personally, I would have made more of the gorgeous strings and a little less of the voice, but this is top class.

thanks Ian, really happy you enjoyed! Sorry for the late reply, but I've been experimenting with living in the real world!

cheers
grilla

hey mad music,terrorised into being a consumer,with so many production hooks.choice.

Return to “Music Cafe”