Introducing my Guitar, my computar & myself...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

well, thank you guys for the hint concerning audioshots. I'll definately look into that...

@ knockman:

well, i'm not particularly proud of the vocals, in fact, they are kind of silly maybe, but i felt like there was to be some kind of message, even a redundant...:) and, if lyrics were in german, i would have to bother all the time! :hihi:

Thx 4 your reactions so far...well, excuse me now: i have to perspire (damn hot in this part of the world)

Detritus

Glooper wrote: But, yeah.. I second the use of audioshots...
I don't. You have to register just to listen. Lots of people (me included) object to that.

I really like this. works for me. Good stuff.
Trying to change the world by posting on a forum is like crying on the Sun to put it out.

TennesseVic.. no.. you misunderstand.. I recommend the use of buying web space with audioshots...
not the use of the auditorium. :)

Just downloaded.. and am listening now.

Ben

Nice..:)...

The production is good... and the guitars sound nice and crisp... The vocals are great... I love the panning effect (how did you do that?)...

I can hear what knockman means about the clean guitars... To my ears they sound too mono in the mix... The common technique you could use are either

add a touch of reverb, though I would avoid that it would dilute the crisp sound to much... though having said that a small delay might work

Use a stereo thingy... Wider boy is pretty good.. but these can sometime sound a bit fake and phasey

Copy the guitar track audio and use a different compressor / distortion and pan that to a different position.

Or double take and pan to a couple of positions. this is probably the best way...

The distorted guitars sound good to me... I'd maybe lower the clean guitar on the left a bit or raise the clean one on the right.. but this could just be cause my left is slightly stronger than my right..;)

Quality stuff though...

Ben

Wow.. didn't expect that amount of feedback...lovely :love: ...i really appreciate it..

@glooper:
Vocal effect: i copied the "Lead vocal" 3 times, chopped the single words in two copies, moved them back & forth and pitched every part up and down randomly (SX non-realtime)... Panned the tracks of both parts left / right.
Third copy was that luvly "reverse reverb" trick i found on these boards ( reverse part/ render with added reverb / reverse part / move part to desired position ). Added SX3 vanilla autopanner to that one (cheap, isnt it? :oops:)...
...i'm really happy with my guitar setup atm.. changed to m-audio converters (Ozonic FW)recently (from Terratec EWX 24/96) and to me it's really a massive improvement. And, maybe weighing more, installed a new set of strings 2 days ago, yes, the fat ones, .11 on my beloved Epiphone Gibson ES XY korean cheapo kkrap copy :hyper:

I think u r right with te guitar panning issue, i'll look into that.. I got also a little unsure about the drum issue.
Is there anyone else out there who thinks that the drumsound helps the song?

*continuinginhisdesperatetasktoachieveeffectiveperspiration*
detritus

Return to “Music Cafe”