Ourobouros2 - remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had another go at mixing this - I don't know if I've quite got it though.

Your opinions would be welcome.

Ourobouros2

:)

This is nice. I don't understand why nobody has commented on this. Very film score-ish.
I would have like some more non legato sounds; fx, arps etc. to spice the piece up. Perhaps also a bit more melody here and there.
It's also got a LOT of noise and has a very low level. I can't imagine this track peaks at 0 dB.

Sorry, a bit too tired to comment any further.

Armadillo wrote:This is nice. I don't understand why nobody has commented on this. Very film score-ish.
I would have like some more non legato sounds; fx, arps etc. to spice the piece up. Perhaps also a bit more melody here and there.
It's also got a LOT of noise and has a very low level. I can't imagine this track peaks at 0 dB.

Sorry, a bit too tired to comment any further.
Thanks Armadillo - I've been away for the weekend so I've just seen your comment.

The track is a remix of one I posted earlier last week. I attempted to address the comments that it seemed all to be panned to the centre and that different impules might be applied to give more depth.

It actually peaks at -1db, I wanted to keep a broad dynamic, rather then having everything as loud as possible. (I did re-normalise the mp3 after posting to bring the overall level up, now that I think on it. I guess you heard the first posted version - sorry.)

I thought about adding more elements but decided to keep it fairly minimal. And the noise - if you mean the the hissy swooshes, is supposed to be there as a contrast to the main voices.

Anyway, thanks for listening and commenting, I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Pat
:)

Return to “Music Cafe”