Invitation to TC algorithmics stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

Last night I put in a CD I had with ALL my songs on it thru the years,( converted to MP3) and rediscovered my older experiments with atari algorithmic stuff. Most of it is on my music page on my atari site, but just in case, heres an open invitation to check out some of these pieces. Most of them were before my VST days, so done on Hardware with occasional soundfonts actually run from Creative Labs Vienna live! ( NO KIDDING!!)But not only atari apps, but PC apps too..audio mulch, keyKit and some others. Some were also collaberations from members of the CN Fractal Music forum.

http://tamw.atari-users.net/mp3tim.htm

OH...that wierd controller I am using is called the HOTZ box, and I got to borrow it for a month.very cool!

Some examples:( go to the actual page to download the MP3's)

3.Entropica By Tim Conrardy. Created with AEX : Intelligent analog sequencer simulator. Atari Falcon version. (by Dr Ambient) Piano, strings, pads added. The lead sound near the end is a DX7 using the patch "yesbunk". Kit part added by hand. Prophet 2000 used for ethnic percussion.(being played by AEX) Created 2-15-02 5106K
entropica.mp3

4.Dark Jungle: Tim Conrardy and Phil Jackson. Seed file created by Phil Jackson using ArtSong. Additional parts and jungle sounds by Tim Conrardy. Mixed by Tim Conrardy. Created 2/25/02 4326K
dark_jungle.mp3

5.Far Horizen By Tim Conrardy Applications used: MIDI GEN (Atari) for main body. Music Mouse by Laurie Spiegel. (Atari version) Flute SoundFonts. XD5 percussion module. DX7. Prophet 2000 for ethnic percussion and strings samples. Composed 2/12/2002 4956K
farhorizen.mp3

6.Goreth: Algorithmics: AEX. Real time patch changes Also uses the Falcon Softsynth ACE. 5-6-02 3840K
gorath.mp3

7.Green World Collaberation between Phil Jackson and Tim Conrardy. Seed File by Phil Jackson created in Art Song. Mixed and edited with additional tracks by Tim Conrardy. DX7 : leads and pan-pipes. Vocal and flute beds: SoundFonts. Atmospheric sounds: K1M. Created on 2-17-02 3426K
greenworld.mp3

8.Perfect Storm. Tim Conrardy . Algorithmics:Example of KOAN. DX7: Epiano and storm thunder Korg X5DR: Sax and Pad Space Guitar (played by Tim) 3920K
pefectstorm.mp3

9.SkyWay. Uses ECows MIDI Arpegiator in algorithmic mode. DX7 :Bass and space ship effects. Prophet 2000 for pads. Kawai XD5 for percussion. Space Guitar. Performed by Tim Conrardy 5048K
sky_way.mp3

10.Time Space: Digital Audio experiements with Recorded Music Mouse patterns processed in Wave-Lab and Audio-Mulch and played back in real-time to tape. Microtonal effects with DX7 in 1/4 scale Atari Falcon Softsynth ACE used throughout. Effects and sounds from Korg X5DR module and Kawai K1M. Vocal sounds from Prophet 2000 5-7-02 7156K
timespace.mp3

11.Spheris. By Tim Conrardy Created with the algorithmic program called " M "as main background, playing a Kawai XD5 module. Each note was assigned a different sound, thus the many textures. Music Mouse By Laurie Spiegel was used as well as KeyKit by Tim Thompson. M and Music Mouse are Atari applications. Key Kit was run on a PC. Live playing (chords) was also used. Created on Feb.11th, 2002 4782K
spheris.mp3

12. M42: Koan, KeyKit and Tunesmith used. Tabla, Kit percussion, DX7 and Space Guitar parts put in by hand.
m42.mp3

13. Hammers: Algorithmics: MIDI Square by David Snow: An Alternate Mouse Controller. Guitar sounds played by hand on a MIDI keyboard. It is NOT a real guitar! My Jan Hammer imitation. 1784K
hammers.mp3

14. Sunwillow :2942K Orchestration and all instruments by Tim Conrardy 9-8-02
Sunwillow

15.Trance: 2258K Created with Fractal Music Composer by Hugh McDowell. 10-7-02
Trance

16.Tribal Union 4704K Example of Autobusk by Clarence Barlow. Irish Flute added. 6-4-03
Tribal Union

17. Contact 6390K Created with Matucan's ISEQ Grid sequencer. Audio Mulch and Crusher X. Music Mouse ( Laurie Spiegel) sprinklings as well.
Contact

18. Feeling Everything 3778K Algorthmics: Midi grid recorded into Cubase. Computer voyce: Atari! ( an Atari program that outputs a computer voice to whatever you type.) Space Guitar 5-15-03
Feeling Everything

19. Castle Sky 4192K Algorithmics: KeyKit, ( PC) Tunesmith, Music Mouse ( Atari) Guitar and atmospheric bass added. Music Mouse does the bass! 3-21-03
Castle Sky

20.Purple Avenue 5224K Algorithmics: Charming Chaos. ( Atari platform) Recorded on Cubase. Guitar added. 2-19-03
Purple Avenue

21.Pulsar2 4633K Created with PULSAR in algorithmic Mode 10/21/02
Pulsar2

22. Anduin 6490K Algorithmics: AEX . CS5 analog leads. A good example of AEX in action.Created 2/4/03
Anduin

23. Lunarbell2 6922K Uses the delay lama plugin. Prophet 2000 apegiator created 1/22/03
Lunarbell2

24. Orion 6806K Algorithmics: AEX tangerine dream machine. Live playing to generated playing. Created 3/2/03
Orion

25.Rocky Road 5008K Attempt to create a "Techno-Dance commercial" piece. Uses Tunesmith( Atari)synced to Rebirth( PC)Guitar and Vocal Soundfonts added. Created 4-27-03
Rocky Road

26.Velvet Spaceace 2962K Algorithmics: Tunesmith, Music Mouse. Uses ACE softsynth running on an Atari Falcon as sound source exclusivly.An ACE demo.
Velvet Spaceace

Also: heres a piece I did with Tim Thompson ( of keykit fame) using M( a very cool algo-app..still available for Mac, but can be run on PC with steem, the atari emulator.)

http://www.nosuch.com/audio/tourists.mp3

Man...you can have a whole album and then some of TC music!!

so..comments please on some of these, or what were your favs.

Thanks

Return to “Music Cafe”