[Ambient] Deep Impact Voyage TC

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did two new pieces. First one:

Deep Impact Voyage

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=802

Music inspired by the NASA Deep impact mission to explode a probe on Comet Tempel 1 July 4rth.

I did some voice overs, but don't know if it's too corny or not, but had fun doing them.

Also lots of space guitar and went rather wild at times...oh well...eddie would be proud of me :-)

PIano Sync

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=801

Algorithmic Piano piece created with Tunesmith on Atari Computers controlling Receptor and recorded to Tracktion2.

I did this for the project at the CN Fractal Music Forum ( at Yahoo) in which you can ONLY use piano sounds and whatever generative programs you want.So I used Epiano and acoustic piano sounds..makes a good blend. When the Tunesmith parts were done, I did a *live* playing over them to give it the *human* touch, although I was tweaking tunesmith live as I did the first part pretty good.

Commets welcome

I listened to Deep Impact. I really liked all the sonic texture you put in the song. I was a little put off with the sharpness of the voice and the occational clipping (that would sometimes echo), though later in the song I found it effective to have a higher pitched, compressed voice. I also tend to write long pieces like this, but I try to have a lot sections in different keys, doing different melodic things - so I stopped paying attention after a while when you are still in the same key doing similar things. Maybe a suggestion is to shorten it down a bit, pack in the dynamics a little more tightly so there is more contrast closer together. Then again, thats a direct reflection of how I like my music to be, so take it with a grain of salt. . .
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

GeneralFuzz wrote:I listened to Deep Impact. I really liked all the sonic texture you put in the song. I was a little put off with the sharpness of the voice and the occational clipping (that would sometimes echo), though later in the song I found it effective to have a higher pitched, compressed voice. I also tend to write long pieces like this, but I try to have a lot sections in different keys, doing different melodic things - so I stopped paying attention after a while when you are still in the same key doing similar things. Maybe a suggestion is to shorten it down a bit, pack in the dynamics a little more tightly so there is more contrast closer together. Then again, thats a direct reflection of how I like my music to be, so take it with a grain of salt. . .

Thanks..yeah..maybe I should cut down the voice a little. I put it thru CamelPhat3 with a preset I made to emulate an old radio, so its a little distorted and notched :-)

It basically started out as a Jam and I just added to it.

The harp is... erm.. NuSoftings Harptime of course! Played with sticks on the pads of my EMU MP7.

The bubbly seaweed ozric stuff is an SE emulation of the VCS 5..( david Brooks I belive)I did some presets for it as well.Nice bubbles!

The bass is my Prophet 2000 with arp mode on.

A real DX7 in there with some lead/pad sounds as well as wusik station. Guitar is thru Receptor using my HILLAGE patch.

The PIanoSync is pretty different with 4 different types of pianos: E pianos and acoustic samples..one was EVE with a TSW studio piano sample. The other was my trusty Roland U20 Piano preset. Not too bad for a *vintage* instrument.The DX7 rhodes and the freebie EPiano plugin run on receptor...actually all of it was in receptor or processed by it :-)

Thanks for the suggs!

Some great sounds and textures here, - quite enjoyable, and they do a pretty good job of evoking the space mission.
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

Khepira wrote:Some great sounds and textures here, - quite enjoyable, and they do a pretty good job of evoking the space mission.

Thanks! I plan to see if I can actually see it with my 8" scope when it's time. The comet is pretty faint now and I have not been able to find it. But hopefully when that probe explodes into it, we can see it WITHOUT a telescope...that would be cool!

Return to “Music Cafe”