Oh Yeah! - Electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A bit of electro with Joan Jet. :hihi:

Oh Yeah!

Download

I enjoyed this song! Great mixing of the vocals with the other instruments. Though, the ending sounded abrupt - like there was more to the song (or perhaps a lead-in to another song).

Brian

thenumber23 wrote:I enjoyed this song! Great mixing of the vocals with the other instruments. Though, the ending sounded abrupt - like there was more to the song (or perhaps a lead-in to another song).

Brian
Cheers! Thanx for your feedback. 8) I thought of extending the song but I've tried to keep it under 4 mins. I'll experiment with other endings and see if I can create a less abrupt lead out.

wow! this really is VERY good! Can I use it in a DJ set (I might play one soon)?

Jazz Franco wrote:wow! this really is VERY good! Can I use it in a DJ set (I might play one soon)?
Thanx! I'm flattered that you'd consider playing it in your set. 8) Go for it! I hope people enjoy it.

Very 8) Nice Kraftian drum at the beginning, great peppy beat; would work well on the dance floor. Interesting changes throughout, very effective arrangement. Good job!

Ta, mate!

Joan Jet you say? I was going to guess that it came from Gary Glitter's "Do you want to touch me". No thanks.

Cool tune. Has some serious drive. Good arrangement. Everything sounds crystal clear.

Cheers! Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm glad people are enjoying it. I enjoyed making it. It was just a fun mix of 70's glam and Numanesque electro. The sample is from Joan Jet's version of 'Do You Wanna Touch Me'. I tried to copy the sample but couldn't get the same sound. Copyright remains with Ms Jet and Mr Glitter.

I used the new Roland chorus plugin for the UAD-1. It adds a bit of richness without clogging. Just like good old Guinness.

I could've *sworn* I had replied to this thread!
I was a proper detailed comment as well, annoying. :?

I must have written a reply and then closed the browser without pressing submit or something :roll:

In short I think the song was quite nice, you've really captured the vibes you were going for as well. When you start playing with the sample it becomes tres cool 8)

I think maybe if you want to keep the song this short you should bring in the "Oh yeah" earlier, and then fall back a bit before ending with more of that, or similar. Right now it feels like the "Oh yeah"'s build up to something massive, then the song ends.

Programentalist wrote:I could've *sworn* I had replied to this thread!
I was a proper detailed comment as well, annoying. :?

I must have written a reply and then closed the browser without pressing submit or something :roll:

In short I think the song was quite nice, you've really captured the vibes you were going for as well. When you start playing with the sample it becomes very cool as well 8)

I think maybe if you want to keep the song this short you should bring in the "Oh yeah" earlier, and then fall back a bit before ending with more of that, or similar. Right now it feels like the "Oh yeah"'s build up to something massive, then the song ends.
Cheers! Thanks for your feedback. 8) I take your point about the structure of the song and the ending. I don't think I've yet mastered song structure and I tend to either let everything go on too long or too little. I think my philosophy at the moment is to make songs shorter and hope that people want to play them again to get more of the hook.

There is a school of thought that suggests bringing in the melody or hook at the begining of the song briefly so that people are waiting for the hook later on in the track. That ties in with what you're saying.

I usually go back and do different mixes once I've listened to feedback and had time to reflect on the advice.

As for disappearing posts I've had that happen as well. There's nothing worse than losing a long carefully planned reply (especially with quotes 'n all.) :-o

hey it's good! (though I'd say it's more electroclash than electro)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:hey it's good! (though I'd say it's more electroclash than electro)
Thanx! Electroclash is a better description for it.

Liked the sound of this mix.
Thought the compression may have been misused.What I mean is;
-The percussives seem to be over compressed compared to the keyboard sounds...and falls away in the mix.
-this could also be how your trk levels were set along with too hard limiting at the master buss....no way for me to really tell.
Making some ajustments could improve the overall dynamics of each sounds presence in the mix.
When the bass comes in,it totally swallows the depth of the drums.Maybe bringing down the bass trk level some could help...there are more then one way to do a better drm/bass dynamic balance...it has lots to do with an instruments level,as far as power,and how the master limiter sees and handles that.

Anyway...just my 2 cents...good effort and good results...nice work!
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Liked the sound of this mix.
Thought the compression may have been misused.What I mean is;
-The percussives seem to be over compressed compared to the keyboard sounds...and falls away in the mix.
-this could also be how your trk levels were set along with too hard limiting at the master buss....no way for me to really tell.
Making some ajustments could improve the overall dynamics of each sounds presence in the mix.
When the bass comes in,it totally swallows the depth of the drums.Maybe bringing down the bass trk level some could help...there are more then one way to do a better drm/bass dynamic balance...it has lots to do with an instruments level,as far as power,and how the master limiter sees and handles that.

Anyway...just my 2 cents...good effort and good results...nice work!
Thanx for your feedback. You may well be right about too much limiting as I did limit the output. However, in a thread on another forum I was advised that the bass was limited too much and needed to be brought out a bit more. :?

My mastering capabilities are a bit hit and miss so there's room for improvement. I think it's a matter of trial and error.

Return to “Music Cafe”