Live Ambient from Blue Water Drift Dive (Update)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

great will try to have it by tomorrow night. :)

I'll play aroung with some ideas and maybe in about a month I might do a live set again. That will let me work on getting a live cd out in the future 8)

Just finishing my second listen here...
This turned out really well.
Lots I liked about it.
...80 bpm tempo worked well with the moving pads and percussion hits.
Liked how you used your keyboard controller to ajust individual volumes...really helped to give your sounds personality.
Liked how you blended the drone note/notes so that they were supporting and not always on top.
Also like how that single percussion hit panned across slowly...very effective.

You managed to keep it all moving and changing enough to keep it all fresh and interesting.

Overall good performance...your really on your way to playing out live.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote
Just finishing my second listen here...
This turned out really well.
Lots I liked about it.
...80 bpm tempo worked well with the moving pads and percussion hits.
Liked how you used your keyboard controller to ajust individual volumes...really helped to give your sounds personality.
Liked how you blended the drone note/notes so that they were supporting and not always on top.
Also like how that single percussion hit panned across slowly...very effective.

You managed to keep it all moving and changing enough to keep it all fresh and interesting.

Overall good performance...your really on your way to playing out live.
Thanks Barry, there was some preplanning that I did so that I wasn't scrambling trying to figure out what to do next. I improvised the notes but was trying to bring things in on certain cues. As I said the drone track was laid down before hand but I brought it in and out of the mix as I went along. Also the beats were laid down before as well and that gave me some structure to work with. I would have liked to play more guitar on this but I just laid it on my lap with the sustainer on and just scratch some notes here and there, that is the one thing I wish had been done better. This was a handfull had four-five synths going at the same time as well as the prerecorded beats and it would have been nice to have help at certain points. But it was alot of fun to do.

I am doing a slight remix, mostly adding some eq and bringing some levels up a bit. so there will be better audio quality for Darrell to use on Stillstream. Glad you liked it. Thanks :D

a new mix would be most welcome ...
the levels are a tad on the lowish side ...

normal wrote
a new mix would be most welcome ...
the levels are a tad on the lowish side ...
Yea I felt the same way norm, when I rendered this I did it without doing anything except a slight boost. I am almost done and should have the new mix up tonight. :)

Well got the new mix uploaded. Struggled with this because I have two fans on trying to keep the air flow in my apartment moving. Man it is hot and muggie.

I hope this sounds louder and cleare than the last version which wasn't really bad just wanted to get the volume up and some eq going. 8)

Let me know whether this one is better or not. My ears can't tell at the moment. :?:

Sounds good Bruce.
The level seems appropriate for ambient.
Saved it for later listening enjoyment.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote
ounds good Bruce.
The level seems appropriate for ambient.
Saved it for later listening enjoyment.
Thanks Barry, good to have other ears sometimes. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”