Live Ambient from Blue Water Drift Dive (Update)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did a live broadcast last night on Blue Water Drift Dive Radio Show. Thanks goes to Darrell Burgen for making it possible. Alot of fun doing this and pretty easy to set up, although did have a problem using my SB live card. Bought an M-Audio Transit and everything went ok . Nice to have 24bit audio now on my net pc. Anyhoo, it is not the same as my style of recording normaly, you get what you get warts and all, this one came out fairly well no problems with the results. I tried to incorporate more than my hands could accomplish (tried to put some guitar in but was doing it on my lap instead of my normal playing position) and I decided to lay down some tracks before hand (a drone and some beats and short sequences) but the rest was all played live and improvised on the spot. Kind of fun doing this and it will help prepare me for that eventual live gig I dream of doing someday. :)

Here it is

http://www.sonicera.com/Live%20Ambient.mp3

I might use this as a stepping stone to some studio recording, who knows.

Comments always welcome 8)
Last edited by Soniccat on Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

it was a great performance. snagged the mp3 for future abuse.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Thanks John, glad you liked. I am sure the abuse you give will be done in the most appropriate manner :)

Hi Sonic
Sorry i missed the chat last night and your performance ... Thanks for recording it as I can at least enjoy it today now :-)
Sounds great.
Is Vurt in the Helicopter? :-)
Paul

Thanks Paul, glad you at least got to hear it. 8)

Yes that was vurt flying in to stillstream unfortunately no place to land so he returned to homebase. :)

awesome work , bruce ...
first of many , one hopes ...

normal wrote
awesome work , bruce ...
first of many , one hopes ...
Thanks norm, it was alot of fun to do. :D Wish I had more hands to actually do the mix but the way I recorded it will allow me to go back in and tweak some of the eq and levels a bit.

I enjoyed it so much that I will more than likely do another at some point, it was real easy to set up the connection to Darrell which made it easy to just focus on the music. :)

8)

It'll have to wait though till I'm home again

;)

Mystahr wrote
It'll have to wait though till I'm home again
Well you'll be having lots of fun. I posted it at my website so you can grab it when you get home. 8)

:o
ive just been talkin to that dutch twat on the phone(cellphone to you americanos)
and hes nippin over in the mornin :hyper:

the good times start tomorrow!(actually its today now but hey ho)

vurt wrote
ive just been talkin to that dutch twat on the phone(cellphone to you americanos)
and hes nippin over in the mornin

the good times start tomorrow!(actually its today now but hey ho)
Now the festivities begin in ernest. Hope it will be a very enjoyable week you got to know how lucky you all are. You can make fun of each other in person now. :wink:

Light one up for me will ya, you can blow the smoke my way and I should get a wiff sometime the next century. :hihi:

I was kickin' meself for missing the show.
Glad I get to hear it though.

downloading now...

grilla

Was a great great set. I'll be putting it into the rotation on StillStream ASAP ...

suburban grilla wrote
I was kickin' meself for missing the show.
Glad I get to hear it though.

downloading now...

grilla
Well you missed the light show and the opening act was the Beatles but there will be more live shows in the future :wink:

Hope you like the music.

dburgan wrote
Was a great great set. I'll be putting it into the rotation on StillStream ASAP ...
Thanks Darrell, it was alot of fun to do. Hope to be able to do it again sometime. I am going to do some eq to this and raise the levels abit if you want to wait till then. If you think it is ok as is then I will be looking forward to hearing it on Stillstream. Thanks again for the chance to play live. :D

Soniccat wrote:I am going to do some eq to this and raise the levels abit if you want to wait till then. If you think it is ok as is then I will be looking forward to hearing it on Stillstream. Thanks again for the chance to play live. :D
OK kewl - just email me when it's ready and where to download from. Anytime you wanna do another set on StillStream just holler. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”