endmusik/the wretch - live set from saturday

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice set. Digging this. Care to give us a live equipment/software list? Also, any type of "director's cut" breakdown of equipment/sounds/etc on a timeline would be sweet :)

Overall setup:

Powerbook: running ableton live, with loops/one shots from several tracking sessions for several tracks by The Wretch. Theres one shots of sidstation oscillator noise floor samples, various S+H triggered glitch on a Yamaha CS-15 forming percussion loops (thats the sound that opens the set after the vocal sample), plus a bunch of nord modular for pads/etc - all sampled and set up in live. Most drums are either machinedrum sequences previously recorded, or misc. breaks and loops layered and tweaked in Live.

Elektron Monomachine - I ran bass, simple drum arrangements, and many different melody parts on this. It's got 6 tracks each with a 64 step sequencer, so I used it to it's fullest, using 4 "songs during the course of the set to accompany parts from the ableton session.

Both of those were fed into a mixer, with a Boss DD-20 Giga delay feeding into an EH Holy Grail pedal for a send. I mixed between the two for the whole set, sometimes 100% wet through the delay, other times no delay, etc. I tweaked out some effects in Ableton with an Evolution UC-16 knob box as well (buffer override on some breaks here and there)

Future sets, I'm hoping to do with more emphasis on the Monomachine and possibly bringing the machinedrum as well as a Future Retro revolution for some live acid :hihi:

hope that helps :D

/michael

Thanks much. Very cool. Got any NY city gigs planned? Would love to come check it out...

As a matter of fact - July 31st in Brooklyn at Galapagos. I'll post more info when we have 100% confirmation.

Cool. I'll bring my cowbell...

OzoneJunkie wrote:Cool. I'll bring my cowbell...
awesome! we can always use more percussionists....

Oh, it's not for percussion... never did a cowbell shot? :0

OzoneJunkie wrote:Oh, it's not for percussion... never did a cowbell shot? :0
that's a new one on me - and I've done lots of shots in my day :hihi:

ok, I admit, I made that up for my last post... but it does get one thinking...

on that note -

bongo - drum

bong - "paraphenelia"

hmm...

cowbell - percussive instrument

cowball - dangerous percussive instrument

Return to “Music Cafe”