Gamma Bells - Heavy FUN Dance Electro Track

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Genre? I don't know, please tell me - I call it heavyfun dancelectro..

http://www.tjhsst.edu/~alederer/Music/R ... _Bells.mp3

So yes, I'm starting an album, and this is the first track I have done. I'm going to be selling the album (hopefully... it should be finished sometime in the next year) so I don't want to give away too much, but I do want people to hear this track, and I want to hear what you have to say :D

ALL comments appreciated. I haven't posted any music here at K-v-R in a loooong time :P gear-list will be provided if you want to know!

Very cool song - very alive. Any time an electronica song transposes to a sharp 4th as part of the chord progression, I take notice! The drums definitely have an electro sound to them (which is good, IMO) and the lead line has a Prodigy feel to it.

I've also enjoyed some of your other songs, including Life and Dreaming on Distant Shores.

I'm interested in the gear list - please post :-)

Brian

Nice chord progression and some cool sounds there mate, the drumwork is really nice as well. Hope the work on your album goes well :)

And yeah, it'd be cool to know what you're using to make it (apart from FL Studio).

Cool stuff, funky and groovy :)

- Ulli -
Sunburn In Cyprus - Downtempo/Lounge/Pop/Electronic/Dub
Sunburn In Cyprus music site

Played your track 5 times and I like it very much.

Guess you are a sphongle fan 8)

"Genre? I don't know, please tell me - I call it heavyfun dancelectro.."

Music.

Thanks for the comments, everyone :) I'm glad that you liked it!

By the way, access1: sphongle? :?: sorry :P I have extremely limited knowledge of music history (which includes modern day music) - I hope to expand my horizons and listen to different artists, great and small, sometime when I have time and money to buy albums :)

Ulli, thanks for the comment! Programentalist, thanks for the kind words :) a list of all gear used (besides FL) coming shortly

thenumber23, I agree that my tritone jump was very effective in this case - it sounded too "normal" with any other jump, and I needed to keep it simple to keep the theme of the piece pure, so I think it did very well in that case! And I'm glad you listened to some of my other pieces :) Dreaming on Distant Shores is a mix of the legendary game 'Earthbound', by the way - although it's very difficult to hear the influence, apparently.

Anyway, synths used:

Synth1
Voyager
z3ta+
SampleTank2

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
there are a few sphongle mp3 previews available on:

http://www.twisted.co.uk/ (http://www.twisted.co.uk/)

Like this a lot. Very psytrance/goa sounding, which is great by my books.
Clear productions and good choice of instrumentation.
Which of the above synths is used for the lead line that starts at 0.40 ?

Lovely stuff that's on repeat here !!
Ian

What happened to that gearlist then ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”