Bird Talk...all in *perfect* English xoxos

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:

Right then. Recorded 3 minutes of studio grounds ambience for a lark. Lots of conversational birds, some studio flys...a *huge* mud wasp that crashed into the mic. :lol:

Was kind of breezy out....which made for good sailing later. Anyroad, a wee taste of the atmosphere round the studio.

http://www.headroomproductions.com/Audi ... mBirds.mp3
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

Hi Kilroy...thanx for posting this.
I`m a sucker for nature sounds.
I always think of pink floyd`s "manchester meadows" when i hear stuff like this.
I`m saving this for the future to use in a trk one day.
Will be sure to give you credit for this field recording.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

kilroy wrote:Right then. Recorded 3 minutes of studio grounds ambience for a lark.
So I take it that, in true xoxos fashion, the lark was the one who asked you to record this? :hihi:

i hear you.

lol "on tape? moi? gosh, you make for im feel so pretty"
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Thinks Kilroy
I think I'll loop this, close my eyes and do a spot of indoor sunbathing. :)

You robbing c**t! :)

I posted a track last week under the same topic name. I thought that someone had randomly done a remix. :D
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92859

great kilroy! I converted this to a wave, did a noise profile on it and got rid of all of the hiss. It sounds incredible now. This will make for many a great ambient experience here at work.

Do you want me to post the cleaned up version?

annode wrote:I`m saving this for the future to use in a trk one day.Will be sure to give you credit for this field recording.
Not necessary, but cheers anyroad. All I really have to do is hang my VP-88 out here anytime. Nature galore.
Voidoid Surrealist wrote:So I take it that, in true xoxos fashion, the lark was the one who asked you to record this?
Aye...the one with the bit of a Welsh accent. :o

:hihi:
Shane Sanders wrote:great kilroy! I converted this to a wave, did a noise profile on it and got rid of all of the hiss. It sounds incredible now. This will make for many a great ambient experience here at work.

Do you want me to post the cleaned up version?
The hiss is actually wind in the trees, Shane. It was *very* breezy and there is lots of foliage here about...pines, hemlock, spruce, maples, poplar and such. I filtered out most of the real low roaring elements, so what remains is the hissier sounding part of what really amounts to broadband noise. It was soooo windy that my uber windsock for the stereo mic couldn't even handle it. :hihi: When it is still, this place is as quiet as a tomb and you can capture field recordings with incredible detail.

You can post the cleaned up version if you wish though, mate. Be interested to hear it.

Funny thing about wind...it's really just nice soothing broadband, but when it is recorded it never sounds right. Just like recorded rain...to me it always sounds like an entire army division having a whiz on a sidewalk. :hihi:
xoxos wrote:i hear you.

lol "on tape? moi? gosh, you make for im feel so pretty"
There's a Scarlet Tanager headed your way. Heavy, *heavy* issues. Told him you'd get him sorted.

pick me!
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

kilroy wrote: You can post the cleaned up version if you wish though, mate. Be interested to hear it.
Here is a version with no "wind" and some special verb added. To me, this version has a nice pre-historic ambience to it.

Enjoy. :D

>>> Birds

Shane Sanders wrote:Here is a version with no "wind" and some special verb added. To me, this version has a nice pre-historic ambience to it.
:)

Right. Wee trick for you. I have used this in a few sound design sessions. Easily demonstrated with Shane's cleaned up file, as you have to have a good, clean song bird recording done in still conditions for best results. Simple after that. To demonstrate, take Shane's file and simply transpose it down two octaves. What you now have...is whale music...or alien love making...or very bizarre background atmospheres for any appropriate occasion. :D

Try reversed copies as well, usually before applying FX. Buzzing insects make *great* sources for weird drones, or envelope them for creature vocalizations. etc.

You heard it at KVR first. Go wild. :hihi:

I was actually playing around with this tonight already. But I stopped myself short of making anything memorable because I wanted to ask if we could use the file royalty free or not. Would you consider that?

I think quite a lot of good material could be made from this piece and folks could share it in this thread. I'd certainly give whatever piece I make out of it away for free.

Lemme know! :)

-S

ive made ambient with bird chirps before

thanks kilroy for zhis nice recording.

and shane for the clean up.

I also would like to know if I can use it freely.

Sounds so good :-)

Shane Sanders wrote:I was actually playing around with this tonight already. But I stopped myself short of making anything memorable because I wanted to ask if we could use the file royalty free or not. Would you consider that?
Yours to use as you see fit, Shane, with my compliments.

By the by...if you ever need the best dinosaur/monster yells ever, find a cooperative Cockatiel, record, and transpose away. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”