The Most Amazing Song I've ever written... input wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok.. so today, I went like usuall to my little studio area to mess around with a song I already.. had.. but like normal, started anouther new song... started out very.. simple and typical.. but then I got in my head, I'm tired of recording the same typical thing over and over again... so I just started trying to put every type of music I liked into this song.. I worked on this thing -all- day trying to make everything fit... but I am very very satisfied with what I have so far...

I did a thing where I reversed the guitar in one part.. which was amazingly hard, because I had to figure out what I wanted it to sound like... then play in completely backwards.. which really sounds completely wrong, but then reverse it, and it sounds AMAZING... I used an orgain in this one too.. (mda epiano actually, made it sound like one) and.. man.. just all I can say is.. I really really like this song, it's not done.. needs lyrics to the verse and bridges.. but musically it's completely done...

The link:
http://www.fallingdownstudio.com/main/n ... foryou.mp3

There is no screamming at the moment by the way.. so.. heh, more people should like this song... comments very welcome...

Listen or I'll have to hurt you... :D :wink:

oh.. the main question is just to see if this appeals to many people, or if you think it's a style I should keep toying with...

thanks..
-Kyle
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

— George Bernard Shaw

:roll:

— George Bernard Shaw

sounds good, mate! I'm not into the genre at all, but it's pretty much top notch as it is. I like the mellow part at 2:45

The reversed guitar sounds pretty nice but the rest is pretty much the same as every other song I've heard in the genre, which I hate. The production is nice, though, although it's not perfect either - There's some nasty distortion in the drums that's probably not intentional.

It's not my style but I admit it's great for those who like this kind of thing.

you can tell yer kids you were an emo-kid. you nailed it.

emo sucks. Make Christian music, loser.

Sounds like the Lost Phrophets

It's cool

Well done

:-D
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

reminds me of story of the year, except better (cuz i hate story of the year). the whole world screams was a great album, you got another one coming out anytime soon?

Production wise I think you really need to keep your guitars a bit better in tune (especially the reversed guitar lick). That would give it a bit more professional vibe.

Also, the tune is a bit muddy instead of punchy. You need more radical settings on the drum compressors or drumbus.

Otherwise I think it sounds quite good. :)

-bManic

This is good. I'm not too much a fan of this type of music either, but all I have to say is that it's very well made.

Chase
Thanks.. heh, the mellow part could almost be an entirely different song...

Katanaman
glad you like some of it.. heh.. ehh, but I'm really trying to get away from the same sound everyone has in this genra.. have to try harder...

androidlove
yup...

Sicklecell666
well.. you could say christian music is very emo.. ause it deals with emotions ALOT... so... ehh..

andywright67
heh, thanks.. actually wearing a lostprophets shirt at the moment... :? heh.. but yeah.. glad you like..

jtxx000
yeah.. story of the year got dumb... I actually know the guys.. they used to be really nice guys but.. they've really changed with fame... but yeah.. new album comming out around august hopefully with all the newer stuff I've been working on.. and a band to play my stuff then at college too :)

bmanic
heh, thanks.. ehh, yeah.. I kinda see what you mean on the reverse guitars... but it was semi intentional as a kinda broken sounding thing... will work on the drum track some more.. I'm noticing the cymbals being a lil to loud too in the mix... I pretty much mixed this all on headphones so.. ehh.. I really need some nice moniters...

Shuzhen
Heh, yeah.. I suffer from alot of people not liking the genra as much on here but.. it's what I like so.. I keep it up... but thanks ;)

— George Bernard Shaw

Ouuf, massively overcompressed there kyle, loads of unnatural pumping! :-o Easy m'boy!!

I like the song mind, nice contrast between the radiohead type verse bits and the big chorus, and of course I'm always a sucker for the old backwards geetars. :D

donkey tugger
LOL!!!... :D :D yeah... well.. there is a bit of compression on it... I just got psp vintage warmer and just put it on the master... heh.. just used a preset... at the time I was satisfied.. heh... actually... this is what's on the main mix... heh.. which I know is way way to much.. but... PSP Vintage Warmer... TC Native compressor... L2 Ultramaximizer... :shock: :shock: but... heh.. when used sparingly it's amazing.. but.. I definately did no do that this time... :wink: I dunno.. just trying different things...

— George Bernard Shaw

song is very cool..... very straightedgecorelike... like it...

the production could be improved but the song really shines...

you could increase the dynamic range a bit... the quiet parts a bit quieter to leave room for the heavier parts....

that song sets fire ;)

multree
Thanks! dynamic thing sounds really good actually... will do that... should make the transitioin from the pre-chorus to chorus stand out alot more... :D I like it...

— George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Music Cafe”