The Most Amazing Song I've ever written... input wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kyle, if it means anything to you, I've been listening to your track in loop-mode for about an hour now. It still sounds fresh to me.

I would really like to hear this remixed with more dynamic range and a bit less distortion. I do think it's a good song.

take care,
McLilith

wow... I'm just humbled by the amount of posts I got on this thread, even if someone hated the song.. they have a right too, I'm not saying - say good things about it or die, just listen to it, tell me what you think... anyways... let me try to reply to everything.. I've been gone all day work and not working... heheh...

mr.me
Hey! long time no see man.. glad you like... still like your remix of so completely, still pop in a cd I made with everyone's remixes every once in awhile..

Glooper
Glad you like... and yeah.. definately I'm laying off the compression... ;)

bluedad
Hey.. heheh, I think I git the G-spot with the reverse guitar for most everyone... ;)

Philly
Thanks man.. I don't dare compare myself to weezer... but thank you.. not signed to a label yet.. but... gonna try to work on it after I finish a new cd... (going to see weezer btw july 5th in KC, MO if anyone is going.. pm me... )

ghost072
Thanks... appreciate it... :) and glad you like it...

mmenta1
hah.. thanks.. appreciate it too.. dunno how you got the used vibe from it.. but... I can kinda see it mayb a lil... but deffinately one band I listen too...

annode
it's just a style of singing I do I guess... and the lyrics aren't finished for one.. I don't expect anyone to get what I'm trying to say yet anyways... heh, definately doing a remix I know.. laying off the compression... :wink: musically though... I dunno.. I think mayb I might change up a pre-chorus... or end of a chorus a lil.. but not much if I do...

Left Headphone
glad you like it.. compression.. yes... laying off of it... heh... it's alright.. I learned my lesson..

druid
it's cool... as long as you listen to it and honestly tell me what you think... that's all I want...

McLilith
I think the harshness came from PSP vintage warmer, which I'm just messing with so far.. when I listen between the mix with it on and off.. I like it on.. makes alot of things sound better, but then it also makes alot of things harsh, like you were talking about... definately working on a remix, don't worry :wink: and glad to hear you like my stuff :D ... oh, and the kick.. yeah.. I think I'm actually gonna change the sample I'm using to something else... that one just doesn't stand out,...

Gregjazz
yup.. heheh.. compression... heh, but thanks, glad you liked it.. :)

druid
hah.. yup... and good to hear you want to hear a remixed version... I'm getting there.. haven't had much time yet but.. getting there...

BONES
kinda a radio sound.. but... different.. if that makes sense...

McLilith
HAH! thanks again... looping is a good thing :D

heh.. and about the genra... I'm really not trying to do any genera in particular.. but I do fall into the emo genra alot.. which is fine.. I'm not a huge fan of emo myself anymore, used to be but I'm slowly growing out of it.. but, I just write music however I feel that day... so... it happens..

In my oppinion, emo music is just pretty much music that deals with emotions... which in alot of cases -is- alot of music now these days... but.. examples of truly emo music I guess you could say would be... Dashboard Confessionals... The Starting Line... Copeland.. Older Finch.. The Rocket Summer... stuff like that... I dunno, I doubt many people on here listen to stuff like that.. which is fine, I'm growing out of alot of that stuff.. but it's stuff I grew up with, so I still like it... but.. anyways..

Thanks again for everyone listening so far.. I haven't been on here for God knows how long.. and I'm amazed how much KvR has grown.. I'm definately going to have to stick around awhile this time.. and try to through next fall while I have recording projects at school... :wink:

and yes... I'm working on a remix soon.. don't worry... :D :D
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

— George Bernard Shaw

Well, this is not my genre but I have to say I like it alot. Sound is good and reverse gtr, etc. keeps it away from being boring.
In my opinion there's too much compression, as someone wrote before
waiting for the next one !

Wicked tune mate! 8)

Horrible mixing ;)

Remove Vintage Warmer (and anything else) from the master, compress individual tracks where needed, get all levels right and make sure it's never near clipping. THEN try adding Vintage Warmer again and maybe boost the signal up a bit if it's too quiet. Make sure it doesn't pump horribly when there's lots going on though (like it does now, maybe the preset wasn't meant for mastering at all, or the signal going into the compressor is too hot for the preset).

nice tune. Although I rarely listen to this genre I do like this one. Thumbs up.

Hey.. sorry.. been away most of today too.. had to actually work for a change today.. heh.. very rarely do that.. anyways... the time I spent in my studio today I started anouther song rather than work on this one much.. so.. heh, sorry... anyways...

Laguna Rising
thanks.. heh... yeah.. working on more ;)

Programentalist
Hah! yup... I think vintage warmer is just going on the guitars a lil and the vocals.. and not on the entire mix... I think.. I dunno.. I keep changing my mind.. :? heh..

Armadillo
Thanks and glad you like :)
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

— George Bernard Shaw

people are right on the bad mix part. Other than that, it sounds like Creed, if thats what you like...

This is the most badass track I've ever heard from a musician on a forum. Check your e-mail please :) I won't address the production cuz you heard it enough, the song itself is an instant hit. If you got this recorded perfectly I'd say you'd have a hit. No joke...

Does anyone know if this guy is still alive? I like this song and would like to hear more.

Return to “Music Cafe”