june contest ... RESULTS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whoa! Number 13!! I made the top twenty!! :shock:

Not bad fer a coupla hours of farting about! :)

Congrats to the winners! :D

& thanks to all those who voted fer me little lo-fi dig and especially for all the good feedback on the instrumentation and mixing, etc. (this is most welcome always).

Cheers all me KVR mates! Great fun and Many Blessings! 8)

Katanaman wrote: Let me just add: I really think Khepira should have scored higher. His song really felt like the dance music I hear everytime I turn on the radio and it also happens to be enjoyable. There are stations that play this kind of thing all the time around here.
Thanks, Katanaman. Maybe if everyone had voted strictly based on the theme, I might have scored higher, but I didn't even do that myself. I'm basically happy if I get more than just a few votes, competing with this many talented people. Getting a #1 is defintely icing on the cake, though. :D
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

kovacs wrote:
khepira wrote:Kovacs _____________ 1, 6, 4
( 11 ) "Lovtronica"
Wow. I wonder what happened to my original piece, "Rocktronica". Someone must have done a quick remix to get rid of my obvious #1 Major Label hit. :hihi:
Sorry about that. I probably mangled a few artist's names, too. :oops:

_niko_ wrote:congrats gals and boys :wink:

Wow, many non-voters this time :uhuhuh:

I feel honored to share the 14th place with the incredible Knockman :D

cheers,

Niko
congrats gals and boys :wink:

I feel honored to share the 14th place with the incredible _niko :D

cheers,

knockman

knockman wrote:
I think it's about the same as last month. Maybe it looks like more because of how it's formatted.

Niko should have placed at least 8-10 places higher in my opinion.
knockman wrote:
_niko_ wrote:congrats gals and boys :wink:

I feel honored to share the 14th place with the incredible Knockman :D

cheers,

Niko
congrats gals and boys :wink:

I feel honored to share the 14th place with the incredible _niko :D

cheers,

knockman

you're right

In between all the crap, I got a lot out of this month - there seemed to be a lot more reviewers, and some very constructive and helpful suggestions and comments. The music quality, as usual, was very high. Thanks to all of you. Congratulations to the winners, and a special thanks to those who considered my track worthy of a vote or an HM (respirator, Hovmod, whyterabbit, sttjelle, ...xander, Peel, astanine)
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

20 :o

for everyone who voted for me thanks :D
for everyone i came ahead of im sorry blame the voters :hihi:

vurt wrote:20 :o
In retrospect, I probably should have put you on my top 10 list too, for all the times I've played your track for friends. It always seems to please!

The thing I was most disappointed with were all the disqualifies for no votes. Seemed like a fair number of very active members didn't get votes in. That's really discouraging to see, even if I didn't enter the competition.

emdot_ambient wrote: The thing I was most disappointed with were all the disqualifies for no votes. Seemed like a fair number of very active members didn't get votes in. That's really discouraging to see, even if I didn't enter the competition.
I agree, but I have my own theories as to why it might be. Given the hoo-hah in last month's gossip thread, and developments in this month's gossip thread, it would not surprise me to see a much smaller number of entries this month. :(

Some folk complain, and others just vote with their feet.....

slartibartfast wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote: The thing I was most disappointed with were all the disqualifies for no votes. Seemed like a fair number of very active members didn't get votes in. That's really discouraging to see, even if I didn't enter the competition.
I agree, but I have my own theories as to why it might be. Given the hoo-hah in last month's gossip thread, and developments in this month's gossip thread, it would not surprise me to see a much smaller number of entries this month. :(

Some folk complain, and others just vote with their feet.....
He he, I voted with my fingers and somebody wasn't on the list. Not because of the ruckus but because their song was exactly what's wrong in commercial music now.

:) :party:

Congrats Lady J, Sir You & all. As always, thanks to those who reviewed, voted or HMed. I had a lot of fun making this month's entry.

Roll on July.

P.S. Thanks for counting 'em up, Khepira.

Lady J almost wrote:I'd just like to apologise to everyone for any tedium I brought to this month's contest. I managed to bludgeon some of you into noticing me through dogged self-promotion, and I irritated a few others into paying me attention, but for most of you, I just made life a little more boring than it had to be. I'd like to think I was just role playing, but that's a pretty hollow excuse for acting like a monodimensional twat, and I won't insult you by trying it on.

I realise now that these contests only exist through goodwill and community spirit, and I'm sorry if I drained that away. My self-absorption sometimes leaves me with a tin ear for the subtleties of human communication, and though I sometimes wish I could join in without this demeaning persona, I have had acceptance issues in the past, and I need the illusion of control at this point in my life, however much it cripples my growth.

Apart from eating the skin off babies, I'm not such a bad person, and I can only hope you give me one more chance to prove it. I promise to rein in my rampant solipsism, but I understand if I have already worn out my welcome.

(A special apology to pHz, Markleford et al. - I do appreciate the unpaid time you put in to make these contests work, but was too shy to show it. :love:)
Well put. Must have felt refreshing. :P

Barnadine wrote:
Lady J almost wrote:I'd just like to apologise to everyone for any tedium I brought to this month's contest. I managed to bludgeon some of you into noticing me through dogged self-promotion, and I irritated a few others into paying me attention, but for most of you, I just made life a little more boring than it had to be. I'd like to think I was just role playing, but that's a pretty hollow excuse for acting like a monodimensional twat, and I won't insult you by trying it on.

I realise now that these contests only exist through goodwill and community spirit, and I'm sorry if I drained that away. My self-absorption sometimes leaves me with a tin ear for the subtleties of human communication, and though I sometimes wish I could join in without this demeaning persona, I have had acceptance issues in the past, and I need the illusion of control at this point in my life, however much it cripples my growth.

Apart from eating the skin off babies, I'm not such a bad person, and I can only hope you give me one more chance to prove it. I promise to rein in my rampant solipsism, but I understand if I have already worn out my welcome.

(A special apology to pHz, Markleford et al. - I do appreciate the unpaid time you put in to make these contests work, but was too shy to show it. :love:)
Well put. Must have felt refreshing. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”