july contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Khepira wrote:Hink -- sorry, but I was not trying to call you a 'drama queen.' Just stating that when members ask someone to leave or not participate, just because someone else gets upset at some pretty innocent 'Diva' posturing, and implies that she's "leaving carnage," and the forum itself is "at risk," I have to speak up and give my honest opinion, and point out that I don't share in the "OMG it's a crisis!" reaction.

Whatever the mods. do is another matter, since they have to judge whether actual site rules are being flouted, etc. So -- I've made my opinion known for once; and I'll shut up about too.
it's alll cool my friend, tbh my first impression of you was you are a person of respect, and whorthy of respect... :wink:

we have a hug emoticon...why not a handshake? The way I was raised this was always the point of a hand shake...consider my hand extended... :D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

1-2-Many wrote:
Markleford wrote:Incidentally, don't get too attached to this gossip thread: I'm going to restart it in the morning once this crap blows over and we can talk about actual music.

Make me dance, people. Goodnight!

- m
PRAISE THE LARD! :hail:

Agree'd that this has been nothing but 9 pages of CRAP!!!
Hey, MY shit was funny.

:x

Chase wrote:
Markleford wrote:Incidentally, don't get too attached to this gossip thread: I'm going to restart it in the morning once this crap blows over and we can talk about actual music.

- m
keep it up for a day or 2
actually delete this in the morning. I said nevermind because I didnt want all this to actually go behind her back, but then it dawned on me that she is most likely reading all this but just not posting.

Granted Sickle, but shit's still Crap. j/k You're posts are often amusing - my crap remark mainly refers to all the bullshit stirred up by "she who shall not be named"! :x
Last edited by 1-2-Many on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

- m
VERY good idea

i really thought for one sec that the KvR contest spirit was dead. i'm still very concerned.

Incidentally - not to give you too much grief Markleford, but the theme this month isn't that far from a 'free-for-all when you consider that the majority of music is danceable.

Especially considering that from time to time I enjoy dancing a jig to Polka - Anyone up for a whirl? :hihi:

[quote="Hink"
it's alll cool my friend, tbh my first impression of you was you are a person of respect, and whorthy of respect... :wink:

we have a hug emoticon...why not a handshake? The way I was raised this was always the point of a hand shake...consider my hand extended... :D[/quote]

And accepted. :)
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

Incidentally, i've decided to ban Lj from the July GOSSIP thread (this one and the new one if any). i won't read her posts and won't reply to anything related to her, even though i would have a good point to make. she doesn't exist for me this month. if everybody does the same, she might learn something?

1-2-Many wrote:Incidentally - not to give you too much grief Markleford, but the theme this month isn't that far from a 'free-for-all when you consider that the majority of music is danceable.
One of my favorite concert memories is seeing the dancefloor at an autechre show - no one knew what the hell to do!

Wopelka wrote:Incidentally, i've decided to ban Lj from the July GOSSIP thread (this one and the new one if any). i won't read her posts and won't reply to anything related to her, even though i would have a good point to make. she doesn't exist for me this month. if everybody does the same, she might learn something?
She's already learned and apologized. We should ban nothing.

Corr! you guys, there are ways to get a point accross without the tarr n feathers ;)

Can someone list the offences of Lady J so I can get up to speed on this, I think I have missed the major crux of the issue, links to posts and the argument against and if any for the reasons for the behaviour in this thread - that would be great.

Edit, you just got in before me there chase ;)

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)
Last edited by Spe3D on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wopelka wrote:Incidentally, i've decided to ban Lj from the July GOSSIP thread (this one and the new one if any). i won't read her posts and won't reply to anything related to her, even though i would have a good point to make. she doesn't exist for me this month. if everybody does the same, she might learn something?
something like
:D
Spe3d wrote: links to posts
:shock: ALL of em?

Chase wrote: Oh yea, and again, Breakbeat Era kicks ass. I've only met 2 other people that are fans of it.
make that 3 young man :)

in the wrong thread Spe3D wrote:You got a nice singing voice Lady J – it does not fit this track, as a track without the singing it would just stand up – with the signing your voice is smashed out of the track, too muffled.

I think a fast beat, leave the bass out when the signing comes in also the master limiter is set too high and pushed the voice out – if you look in a wave editor the voice section is much more distorted than the rest of the track – master limiters are real cool at screwing a track up like this where the tone is not even throughout imo.

So in short – signing on its own – great – the track without signing, ok – the both together for this track don’t fit

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)
slainte ;) rob

- m
i agree ...

slainte :| rob

Return to “Music Cafe”