july contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IMHO she cried for attention and you gave it to her, plenty and more,
so who's faulty?, <grin>

well it's early in the month and I'm looking forward to other entries by the dance-masters of KVR ... two minutes is short, but it's well within the first minute of a piece that people are moved to either get out on the floor or leave the floor for drinks or conversation
5 twelve

Lady J wrote:Please feel free to continue to talk about me behind my back
How's communicating in an open forum 'talking behind' anyone's back?

:roll:

I'm used to your doo-doo in Hyde park, but stomping around like a feces hurling Kali in a low-key, usually fun for everyone monthly competition comprised of mostly decent, mellow folk makes me wonder if they missed your sack when they brought the knife down..

Go skin some low-caste Indians or something..

buh-bye..

See? Good Kali hot with no nads..Fly away, test-tube wonder-thingy..

emdot_ambient wrote:
...xander wrote:Another monthly contest thread full of spam.
You're right. I promise, for the rest of the month I will avoid posting or replying to any comment made by or about you-know-who. If we all do that, then I predict a calm and peaceful month.
Agreed! Ignorance is the best path to bliss :D.
Are we here for drama or music? I choose music and I'll leave drama to the wankers and mods (thanks Markleford, you've fulfilled above and beyond what you should be subjected too). 'Nough Said...

Peace (and I mean that!!)
emdot wrote: And monkeys might fly out my butt
Ever seen Bruce Almighty :hihi:
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Khepira wrote:
Hink wrote: So many who do not have as much as you would like to enjoy this contest...so why can't you show them the same respect you would expect and bow out for their sake? You answered ...xanders point you wanted to answer but refused to acknowledge the carnage you leave in your wake that again was apparent in his post...I think that's cruel, very unfair, extremely selfish and quite shameful...please for the sake of those who wont stay if you do...drop out...live up to your original statement...I plead you to, for the sake of the forum.
So many things are 'in the eye of the beholder', Hink. People who think LJ is an attention whore should gain some more experience with typical philosophy / politics / psychology forums. Then they can see what a real 'troll' is like (-nothing- like LJ).

LJ doesn't bother me a bit, and the silly controversies in the gossip thread hardly affect my enjoyment of the contest at all. It's about hearing and making and judging music, not what the artist's 'attitude' is -- as June's voting showed. If people want to whine about someone posting a picture in (an appropriate themed) contest, I don't care -- but . . . don't try and tell LJ, who has not been insulting anyone, that she "leaves carnage" in her wake on *my* behalf -- that's even sillier than making a drama-queen exit from the competitions. (sheesh!)

And by the way -- I won't be surprized at all if LJ's July entry doesn't make the top three, or even top 5 or 10. Not nearly as good as June's. So much for the 'she has an advantage' argument. LJ's replies about it not being equipment and money, etc., are bang on, of course.

Come on, people; chill and grow up. If you don't like someone's attitude -- screw it! Move on. Make some music. It's the whiners and drama queens who are making it unpleasant, not LJ.
I'm sorry you see it that way...if you notice most people said they liked her and she has worn thin...I personally have been the victim of several knives in the back from her. One stemming from a true act of friendship. I certainly wasn't speaking for you, but I have seen plenty of carnage left behind by her. If you call me a drama queen for that then you obviously haven't got the complete picture (no offense), but please do not judge me by this..;)

EDIT: BTW I said she was not an attention whore I said she was an attention junkie, there is a difference the latter being a threat to her own well being...and for the record I never said she was a troll...
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Khepira wrote:And by the way -- I won't be surprized at all if LJ's July entry doesn't make the top three, or even top 5 or 10.
I entirely agree, though perhaps make that below top 20 or 30, depending on participation: we have a lot of electronic and dance genre disciples that have been waiting far too long for their chance to shine, as well as others who are willing to try harder and put more than the mythical 40 minutes into creating an entry. ;)

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Lady J wrote:.....I'll shut up now and let the music do the talking.
:lol: :lol: Lj - The music spoke, I listened, for my response read my sig. :lol: :lol:

Incidentally, don't get too attached to this gossip thread: I'm going to restart it in the morning once this crap blows over and we can talk about actual music.

Make me dance, people. Goodnight!

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

commie barstard.

Markleford wrote:Incidentally, don't get too attached to this gossip thread: I'm going to restart it in the morning once this crap blows over and we can talk about actual music.

- m
keep it up for a day or 2
Last edited by The Chase on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

yah know I have never tried to write a dance song ever....perhaps I'll give it a go just for fun...:D I got a month...if it sux I wont enter it :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink -- sorry, but I was not trying to call you a 'drama queen.' Just stating that when members ask someone to leave or not participate, just because someone else gets upset at some pretty innocent 'Diva' posturing, and implies that she's "leaving carnage," and the forum itself is "at risk," I have to speak up and give my honest opinion, and point out that I don't share in the "OMG it's a crisis!" reaction.

Whatever the mods. do is another matter, since they have to judge whether actual site rules are being flouted, etc. So -- I've made my opinion known for once; and I'll shut up about too.
Hink wrote:
Khepira wrote:
Hink wrote: So many who do not have as much as you would like to enjoy this contest...so why can't you show them the same respect you would expect and bow out for their sake? You answered ...xanders point you wanted to answer but refused to acknowledge the carnage you leave in your wake that again was apparent in his post...I think that's cruel, very unfair, extremely selfish and quite shameful...please for the sake of those who wont stay if you do...drop out...live up to your original statement...I plead you to, for the sake of the forum.
So many things are 'in the eye of the beholder', Hink. People who think LJ is an attention whore should gain some more experience with typical philosophy / politics / psychology forums. Then they can see what a real 'troll' is like (-nothing- like LJ).

LJ doesn't bother me a bit, and the silly controversies in the gossip thread hardly affect my enjoyment of the contest at all. It's about hearing and making and judging music, not what the artist's 'attitude' is -- as June's voting showed. If people want to whine about someone posting a picture in (an appropriate themed) contest, I don't care -- but . . . don't try and tell LJ, who has not been insulting anyone, that she "leaves carnage" in her wake on *my* behalf -- that's even sillier than making a drama-queen exit from the competitions. (sheesh!)

And by the way -- I won't be surprized at all if LJ's July entry doesn't make the top three, or even top 5 or 10. Not nearly as good as June's. So much for the 'she has an advantage' argument. LJ's replies about it not being equipment and money, etc., are bang on, of course.

Come on, people; chill and grow up. If you don't like someone's attitude -- screw it! Move on. Make some music. It's the whiners and drama queens who are making it unpleasant, not LJ.
I'm sorry you see it that way...if you notice most people said they liked her and she has worn thin...I personally have been the victim of several knives in the back from her. One stemming from a true act of friendship. I certainly wasn't speaking for you, but I have seen plenty of carnage left behind by her. If you call me a drama queen for that then you obviously haven't got the complete picture (no offense), but please do not judge me by this..;)
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

Markleford wrote:
Khepira wrote:And by the way -- I won't be surprized at all if LJ's July entry doesn't make the top three, or even top 5 or 10.
I entirely agree, though perhaps make that below top 20 or 30, depending on participation: we have a lot of electronic and dance genre disciples that have been waiting far too long for their chance to shine, as well as others who are willing to try harder and put more than the mythical 40 minutes into creating an entry. ;)

- m
Yes -- I had the same thought about the 'chance to shine'. I really look forward to hearing July's entries.
"Don't fear mistakes. There are none." - Miles Davis

Markleford wrote:Incidentally, don't get too attached to this gossip thread: I'm going to restart it in the morning once this crap blows over and we can talk about actual music.

- m
PRAISE THE LARD! :hail:

Agree'd that this has been nothing but 9 pages of CRAP!!!

Return to “Music Cafe”