[AmbientBeat] Twilight StarGlide

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

Torin Goodnight ( a Muser ) and I did another collaberation. Very coool! He really knows how to put in those beats!

Here is our latest mix..and very rough, so we would appreciatte any mix comments.

Twilight StarGlide

http://www.wusik.com/song.php?id=806

about 7 megs

details later

the music sounds totally improvised and the drums sound like they escaped from another song. i like the individual sounds but this just doesn't seem to be a happy combination.

Cabinfever wrote:the music sounds totally improvised and the drums sound like they escaped from another song. i like the individual sounds but this just doesn't seem to be a happy combination.

welll..your right..the leads and stuff are totally improvised. As a matter of fact..I did 3 tracks using my old Yamaha CS5 analog synth ( 1 osc with incredable filters)and not even listening to what was done with the previous CS5 tracks, as we were going to take the best of the takes. But when we put them together..they seemed to compliment one another.I also did a Korg Karma pad track and a tickly piano ( wusik )as well as a wusik vurtscape patch ( on receptor)

But perhaps there is too much going on, and we have to pull some things down. Mind you..this is a rough mix.

and this brings up a subject....as this music illustrates..there is no humable melody, bridge or whatever that tradition says you have to have in there. But who says you have to have a melody? Why can't it be a free form music that takes you places. ..but maybe it does not take some people anywhere..it depends on your state of mind at the moment.

But perhaps there is too much going on, and we have to pull some things down. Mind you..this is a rough mix.

and this brings up a subject....as this music illustrates..there is no humable melody, bridge or whatever that tradition says you have to have in there. But who says you have to have a melody? Why can't it be a free form music that takes you places. ..but maybe it does not take some people anywhere..it depends on your state of mind at the moment.
re: ' too much going on ' ...
in places , with the percussion , imo ...

re: ' humable ' ...
not a problem for me ...
the intricate weaving of arp structures provides plenty of interest ...

overall , i quite enjoyed this track ...

normal wrote:

re: ' too much going on ' ...
in places , with the percussion , imo ...

re: ' humable ' ...
not a problem for me ...
the intricate weaving of arp structures provides plenty of interest ...

overall , i quite enjoyed this track ...

Thanks Normal...perhaps we can mix things down and be more selective. Lots of elements there to choose from.Glad you feel the same I do about a HUMABLE TRACK :-)

Hi TC

I like this!

uno
Original Site: http://www.thetheoryofone.com

New site: Image

Always enjoy your tracks Tim, we must have similar musical tastes. Agree with the comments about the drums being a bit too complex early on as they detract a little from the subtlety of the arps and pads etc. But when this track really gets into its stride at about 5:10 that drum beat really works great with the bass and makes a fine backing groove for those lovely synth noodles. So personally, I'd keep that section exactly as it is!

Thx for sharing. :)

Psyclapse wrote:Always enjoy your tracks Tim, we must have similar musical tastes. Agree with the comments about the drums being a bit too complex early on as they detract a little from the subtlety of the arps and pads etc. But when this track really gets into its stride at about 5:10 that drum beat really works great with the bass and makes a fine backing groove for those lovely synth noodles. So personally, I'd keep that section exactly as it is!

Thx for sharing. :)
Thanks..yeah..we are working on a remix..pulling somethings down, working EQ a bit. We will look at those drum tracks too., but overall I think Torin did a fine job in programming the drums.It made the backbone.

also: a bit of curio: The ethnic arps were robert rich loops that Torin tweaked to his liking :-)

I liked this. i thought the percussion suited the trck really well and around 2:14 it sounded amazing. Yes there was a lot going on, but i did'nt see that as a problem as most of the time it seemed well integrated and there were some interesting changes. Maybe some of the lead lines meandered at times and the piano part did'nt really come off, but overall i would consider this track a great success. Nice one. :)

I appreciate the input everybody. I'm working on a newer mix that should be up shortly. :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”