The Auditorium – Good n Bad News

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you may have noticed last month I changed the policy regarding file access to the music sections – I changed it from a free for all upload download by anyone – to - needing to be a registered user before access to the files.

The reason for this was a growing number of direct linking (mainly to large German and other forums some private but with a large user base)

Now this meant the bandwidth shot up and the concert behind the Auditorium was placed in jeopardy – the quick fix – block access to the files – and it worked :D

Now what a really want is the original concept to work where anyone can get the files and anyone can post about them without first needing to register – but you do need to register to upload files – its pretty painless and free)

BUT – the bad news is – in order to make this work I cannot have direct linking of any kind to the files – I have posted a warning in each of the music forums, the support forum and the announcement forum and here – the reason for the OTT announcement about direct linking is – you wont get a second go, the file gets deleted along with your access to the site – before I used to run about getting in a state as I took it personal that guys could not follow the basic rule – now as the forum is getting bigger it is much much faster to simply delete the file and the artists that posted it.

So in short free access, no one needs to register to access or comment on the music files – but you do need to register to upload – no direct linking allowed in any form, any excuse etc – please please link to the post you make.

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Return to “Music Cafe”