Guided by Inertia, electroindustrialesque

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

welcome to listen to one of my latest songs, called Guided By Inertia.

Composed as always within FL Studio, the synths in use are SimSynth, Reaktor and Microtonic.

Opinions are highly welcome.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/origami_music.htm

click on 'Guided by Inertia'

thanks for listening and any comments you may make.

any chance of a direct link?
toujours humectez la mouture. toujours.

I don't think so, I don't know why I can't post a direct link from soundclick...

http://www.soundclick.com/util/download ... ID=2597227

EDIT --- wow that's the direct link to the mp3 yet not really. Soundclick is a clever fox.

yes that's the link I tried but I saw it wasn't correct. anyway.

Listening second time

Using FL Studio?

Not a bad track. generally heavy on the Delay. Personally I think you should vocode the lyrics and lower the volume on them a bit.

The drums could use a bit of work. A kick with more 'omph!' and maybe layer another electronic snare over the current one. I like the glitchy lyrics in the middle.

The synths sound a bit digital. The one hi pitched one has a poor sounding filter on it. The synth that comes in at 1:58 could use maybe a bit of chorus?

I like the beat that sounds like it has a BP filter over it with a lot of resonance during the breakdown parts.

All IMO though

Hi there,
Nice tune, I agree with the points made by Chase though.

The delay on the voice makes it a bit too muddy at times.

Another thing I miss is some kind of hook, it kind of drones on without many changes in feeling (if you follow), the beat never changes much, you take some things away and add them back etc, but then the song goes on in the same vein. Of course it may be intentional, but I think a catchy hook as part of the chorus would lift the song. Maybe try some rhytmic changes in the chorus or a keychange or something... for you to decide.

Just like me you might need to practise them vocals a bit more as well, or spend more time recording and mixing them properly... just started recording vocals myself (see track here in the café) and there's lots to learn for sure! I'm not saying your vocals are bad, they just need some polishing.

I'm also in FL Studio btw...

Return to “Music Cafe”