Something a bit more conventional from me

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I usually do experimental electronic stuff, but I've wanted to do something a bit more conventional for a while.

Thus, here it is for your enjoyment. Let me know what you think. It's called Raindrops.

Download MP3 Here @ Audioshots
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

No comments? Dudes! C'mon! ;)
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I like this song. But as this is not actually a statement that makes much sense 17 people telling you they like the song, here's what I thought when listening:

impressing start. The piano-motive then got a bit too repetitive for my taste (maybe you just want it that way) but all of this is forgotten at about 1'50 when the "the showmaster comes down to meet us" (well that's what I saw, so I write it)passage is over. Immediately the repetition with the string-kind-sounds to it sound like wonderful, and NOW I think (maybe even without the title) I could see snow falling or raindrops or china dolls turning. This is the best part for me, rather haunting and good.
So I would think this is a perfect part, plus the beginning and the end too, for an atmospheric piece, not necessarily a film music, but maybe for some artwork you spoke about at EnergyXT if I remember right. Feels like late autumn or snowy winter to me, but sitting in a damp'n hot flat this is just a good thing:-). Once as a kid I often walked to the grave of my dead father and must have felt a bit like in the songparts I like.
So: very good, only some parts are not up to the rest for MY taste. (showmaster coming).
Concerning how you did this: very very nice piano sound, and all very very well done. I often find the drums are a bit too prominent in the mix, here too, but well those are the few seconds I don't like in the song so surely I'm onesided.

Listening to it 3-4 times in winamp makes the song even better.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Klemp :)

This is an interesting one. i was'nt that keen at first, but i did warm to it as it progressed. Nice tune overall, with a decent arrangement.

I know your usual stuff is quite a bit different as i purchased your virtual album when you first released it. I like it a lot. :)

Thanks Blipp. Glad you enjoyed the track and the album.

Return to “Music Cafe”