abigails nursery ...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... something a bit different i guess ...

... weve just had our A level exhibition at school and i thought this little thing deserved a wider audience (if for no other reason than - heehee - to kick off a 'thats not art ... what are those damn teachers teaching our kids these days ???' debate) ...

... one of my students put together an installation for her examination piece (the theme they were given was 'concealed and revealed') which obviously has to be dismantled at some point ... normally we would just photograph ephemeral pieces like this but stills didnt do the piece justice (since sound was a major part of the impact of the work) so she decided to do a video record of her work ...

... bear in mind this ISNT meant to be a film so much as a record of a static artwork but i think its still interesting ... more so since ive read all the research / analysis / development notes in her work journal ...

... my only role as teacher in this was to produce the soundtrack acting as sound engineer under her art direction ... and to put the crude video together for her at the end ...

(in the installation itself the soundtrack comes from within the pink cupboard but the recording on the little camera we used was shitty so ive overdubbed the sound)

ABIGAILS NURSERY (high quality .wmv - approx 15Mb)

ABIGAILS NURSERY (low quality .wmv - approx 2.5Mb)

slainte :ud: rob

:o

the hungry , hungry catepillar ...

Return to “Music Cafe”