Ambient psy.... or something

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, so I didn't get any specific responses. How about some general views of the track then :D

I'm sure it can be improved in loads of ways. :oops: Too bad CPU is hitting 85%+

It's called Beyond the sea

Ambient-psy but probably a bit "poppy".

:phones:

Hi Armadillo,
here's my 2 cents: the 2 track is well arranged and you have a nice mix of instruments in there, imo there are 2 problems, though - the drums and the general sound.
The drums sound like you took a bassdrum and snare from a sonic synth 1 drumset made a 1-bar-loop in 5 seconds and put that in the track where appropriate. they sound boring and lack punch - the best you could do I think is strip all the drums and make them completely new - use other sounds, beat, etc. (I'm thinking Wagon Christ-style drums here) This would give the whole track a much more lively feel.
When that is done you can try improving the general sound a bit - some parts sound pretty general midi-esque. Hard to say for me at the moment what can be done to improve.
If you agree with my opinion I can listen again when you've worked on the drums or I would even give it a try myself if you like - might be interesting...
Anyway, good luck with this.

Cheers, Jo
You have no right to remain silent!
www.soundcloud/phunkberater

Thanks Jo. It's a tricky one.
One guy said to me that the kick/snare was too synthetic and heavy, so I changed them. At that point I was going for a breakbeat sort of feel, but then changed it to a Shpongle sort of feel. They don't use slamming punchy drums, more mellow. I don't know Wagon christ though. So, you want me to remove hihat, bongos and the other percussion as well? Sh!t, that took a bit more than 5 min. more like 5 hours.
Gm eh. Well gotta admit that when my cpu hits 70% which it did pretty early, I pretty much only use Subtractor and Synth1 from that point, not the phattest synths around. I really need a cpu upgrade :?

sorry, but this isnt even music.
it is only some drums and a guitar with some other instruments.

(trying to keep to normal kvr type opinion)

actually it sounds pretty good, but i miss out on any real
distinct melody. it has everything that could be good about
a track but is let down by a merely two note chord progression.

not trying to be negative about it, but my real opinion is you
should put a bit more effort into the progressions and melody and
a lot less into the sound.

good work though.

Both the drums and the melody sound perfect to me, so I can't agree with the points above. The flute sounds a bit out of place at first but from then on it's a great track. Can't see the psy in this, though...

Return to “Music Cafe”