[ambient/melodic jam] (formerly DJMessy) leave no trace

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello you wonderful KVRers,

A thick long journey through some interesting melodies with a jam in the center. The center is where you can start hearing the jam band influences in the ambient electronic space.

http://www.generalfuzz.com/mp3/extra/le ... 0trace.mp3

This is a long one, clocks in 8:56. Too long? Let me know. I'd love any feedback or criticism. I'm really learning how peoples feedback helps me mold the track into a finished form. Especially comments on the mix.

Made in Live 4 with:
STS-11b-free (nifty, I might buy soon)
Stylus RMX
Virus_z3ta+
z3ta+
MrRay73
Sonic Synth2
Vanguard
B4

Thanks,
General Fuzz

(my new album is almost done!)
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

Enjoyed this General.
Thanx for posting it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Some great stuff going on. I'm not feeling the drums overall, they seem too static to me, especially during the jam and could use a bit of panning away from the centre.

I really like the Mr Ray and B4 stuff, but the bright synth that comes in at 4:00 kills the earthiness of the other sounds. The bass drum thud seems a bit heavy handed at times, like its over compressed maybe.

Not too long at all. The final 3 minutes are nicely done.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks for you feedback. I'll definetly revisit the drums during the jam. I hear what you are saying about the bright synth - I think my solution is to brighten up the rest of the mix. Its a bit low on the register.

I like the low register myself. I'd just ditch the bright synth.

I updated the mix - it's all around a little brighter. I didn't ditch the bright synth (cause I like it), but I damped it a bit. I also changed up the drums during the jam so its not so repetitive. I kept them in the center though.

Return to “Music Cafe”