Orchestral film music stuff

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wasn't sniping...I was drunk, listened to it, and that was the best descriptor I could find.

Its just really mundane and lifeless to me, sort of a composition by the numbers. Perhaps some more exotic instrumentation would help give it some life.

The GPO is an all round set. But I find some of the instruments lack edge. The french horn is powerful but sounds wimpy to my ears. I'm not an expert on these things but I do have preferences. I did like the tune but if you expanded your sample sets to include more examples along this line you might find better sounding instruments here and there. A mix and match thing has worked for me very well. And while it's not cheep one of everything, Expensive, Adding to your library would not hurt your sound. Sonic Implants has some downloads that I like a lot and I'm not talking about the massive giga sets either. As well I'm not knocking GPO either. But I do like to mix it up to get what sound I'm after.
I'm just rambling so ignore it.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

I liked the thing. I think its kinda refreshing. But it did bother me that it didnt deviate much from the standard beginning scale - i.e. doesnt sound "experimental" enough. Some instruments seem to be missing a sprinkle of vibrato at moments making it sound a bit flat. There must be something better in GPO.

At moments the melody is wondering here and there with no real idea where to go next - loosing focus - however, weird and interesting the whole song structure is well thought. I usually have the oposite problem - I can always get the melody direction where I want, but the whole song doesnt have a really really good structure (well sometimes it does :D).

I avoid the orchestral "drum kits" as much as I can in my songs. I simply dont like them, I dont know why. Either that or I dont know how to use them. You used them pretty well, but I still dont like them, especially those "effectish-sounding" ones. It might be a personal preference though.

Overally, a nice song. Not inspiring, not glorious, but nice. I could sure listen to it more then once. Maybe even once a day, at the beginning of the day - to wake me up and fill me up with energy and elan :D
Music is art, not a product!
Child of Chaos - music page

lawapa wrote:The GPO is an all round set. But I find some of the instruments lack edge. The french horn is powerful but sounds wimpy to my ears. I'm not an expert on these things but I do have preferences. I did like the tune but if you expanded your sample sets to include more examples along this line you might find better sounding instruments here and there. A mix and match thing has worked for me very well. And while it's not cheep one of everything, Expensive, Adding to your library would not hurt your sound. Sonic Implants has some downloads that I like a lot and I'm not talking about the massive giga sets either. As well I'm not knocking GPO either. But I do like to mix it up to get what sound I'm after.
I totally understand man, but unfortunately I've been piss poor for the last six months! The only reason I even got GPO was because of the group buy. I definitely would like to expand my sample library in the future, but I simply don't have the money right now. To my ears, GPO is a fantastic songwriting tool, especially for the price.

Spion wrote:Some instruments seem to be missing a sprinkle of vibrato at moments making it sound a bit flat. There must be something better in GPO.
Well, to be fair, this was my first attempt at using GPO, so I'm sure I didn't utilize the library to its fullest. :D

sparlecki wrote:wasn't sniping...I was drunk, listened to it, and that was the best descriptor I could find.

Its just really mundane and lifeless to me, sort of a composition by the numbers. Perhaps some more exotic instrumentation would help give it some life.
drunk and sniping :x

this is an admirable , and expressive composition ...
the stereo field is well filled , and the track contains a full dynamic range ...

if i was going to pick nits , a minor gripe would be that it doesn't seem to do much to my sub-woofer ...
you could mess about w/ eq a bit for the lower ranges , but really , it's quite well done overall ...

very nice work ...

Thanks!

Arglebargle wrote:
lawapa wrote:The GPO is an all round set. But I find some of the instruments lack edge. The french horn is powerful but sounds wimpy to my ears. I'm not an expert on these things but I do have preferences. I did like the tune but if you expanded your sample sets to include more examples along this line you might find better sounding instruments here and there. A mix and match thing has worked for me very well. And while it's not cheep one of everything, Expensive, Adding to your library would not hurt your sound. Sonic Implants has some downloads that I like a lot and I'm not talking about the massive giga sets either. As well I'm not knocking GPO either. But I do like to mix it up to get what sound I'm after.
I totally understand man, but unfortunately I've been piss poor for the last six months! The only reason I even got GPO was because of the group buy. I definitely would like to expand my sample library in the future, but I simply don't have the money right now. To my ears, GPO is a fantastic songwriting tool, especially for the price.
Totally understandable situation. My budget is tiny compaired to many pro's. So a little here and a little there is about the best I can do.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

It sounds very cool. I dig it.

Bump

<_<

vtx wrote:
sparlecki wrote:wasn't sniping...I was drunk, listened to it, and that was the best descriptor I could find.

drunk and sniping :x

:lol:

By the way Sparlecki, I was just messing around with you. No hard feelings :)

Return to “Music Cafe”