Turning Up the Volume

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a track I pieced together in about an hour.

Some atmospherics, melodic guitar, a processed piano and a little synth.

www.bigwussy.net/music_samples/169.mp3

I called it the Great Eastern Forest

bump

sounds wet....that's my first thought...not wet as in too many fx, but wet as in water...I get a fel of being in a sub...especially at the begining and the last half...the guitar sounds good and the song definately has a nice feel to it, however the bass in the first half does some clipping, you might wanna check your levels...good job GJ...:D
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hey Hink, the wet adjective fits well, the mix overall is kind of dark, and there's lots of slushy modulation. Though I don't think I would have though to describe it that way myself. I'm glad a fellow guitar player approves of the guitar sound; it’s my first try with the POD.

About the clipping do you mean the atmosphere sound that is clipping? I didn't use a bass sound in the first half, just the guitar and atmosphere.

I appreciate you listening Hink, thanks. :)

I guess it's the electronic drums in the beginning that's clipping...I just ran an anylizer and it really clips more on the end, though I didn't hear it there...but yeah it's the drums...but really I wouldn't give it much concern...it's really not noticable....;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Thnaks for checking that Hink, I used a limiter on the master bus but set the max at 0 db, guess I should of set it at .1 because the drum track soloed does not clip.

Hey I like it! :) I get the feel of the forest. I didn't hear any clipping but maybe it's just that my ears are way clipped out anyway :hihi:

Nice track! 8)

Thanks for listening xander, really glad you liked it. :)

underwater forest in space :o

very deep piece,not sure about the electro drums personally,a stronger harsher kit may have more impact?just my opinion tho and what do i know have you heard my shit :o

anyway,likin the axe lots and some very nice synth bashing in there too :)

cool tuna! 8)

hey vurt, yeah I've heard your stuff (in fact now I'm gonna go comment on one of them tracks). Glad you liked this, especially the axe. You play guitar too, no?

Benedict over at the auditorium (you should stop by sometime) thought the drums were too much for this piece too. Well I think in the intro they should probably go, but I like the rhythm in the rest. Little distortion might do'em some good though.

Thanks for listening to this raunchy tuna.
8)

i do mean to spend more time at the auditorium,but my wife says i spend enough time on the net as it is :o
she only wants me for one thing :shock:

yeah i play guitar(i say play i mean torture)i have used it a=in many tracks but i get over excited by all the available fx and process it beyond any recognition :hihi:
one day tho,who knows?...

Hehe sounds like me with the fx. Though I have been able to restrain myself, but yeah I get real excited too about all the possibilities.

Return to “Music Cafe”