[crazy jam] Crazy Jam Part II

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Perhaps you remember the First Crazy Jam, called "Soliloque". One of my fav tracks of mine.

Same idea, same actors: Jean-Marc, a friend of mine, and me, jamming and recording our delirium.

Not for the esthetes, but for those who are curious of mad noises and experimental "rock"...

music: Jean-Marc & Wopelka
poem: Maurice Rollinat
voice: Wopelka

Foetus

very crap, eh? i know... just say it! :hihi:

i want some of what your on phil..... :wink:

total madness, i'll have to give this a listen later when i've had a few glasses of wine.

actually though, as the tune has pregressed the second time it's sounding more structured to me :shock:

i must be going mad :cry:

nice one,
steve.

Wopelka wrote:very crap, eh? i know... just say it! :hihi:
very crap

just joking. Heaven't heard it yet. Downloading :wink:
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

What can I say. This is crazy and I know what these sessions are like. It seems like you had a great time. I quite liked it but IMHO needs a bit more work to make the vocals stand out.
What is this drum kit and who's playing it?
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

hello phil this is earth calling...

cool stuff,this is what i like from you,weird experimental cool shit 8)

Sounds interesting but i don't understand what you say...
Don't be shy and turn up the voice volume ! :wink:

You're good at those crazy rythms.... :D

Sounds interesting but i don't understand what you say...
probably for the better... :hihi:

i'll see what i can do, with a better mix and mastering, maybe.

nah! thanks guys for finding nice things to say about this track. TBH it has been made a couple of months ago and i didn't release it sooner for "artistical" reasons... It's far from being my favorite track, and it suffers from a rough mix and bad vocal delivery. Thanks vurt for your nice words: weird experimental cool stuff, that's the spirit, indeed.

The drums are samples and loops, if i rightly recall. The emphasis was on the synths played live, mostly by Jean-Marc (with a little help from me). Did you notice the evokation of Jean-Michel Jarre in the middle? When i listened to pHz's track yesterday, i thought about it and it gave me the idea to post this shit (i was drunk, too).

During the jam we weren't on anything. Plainly sober. Only the joy to make noises together. (Actually, Jean-Marc was showing some embarrassement while i enjoyed every bit of it.)

Cheers

:D

And even with the perhaps not fully optimized mix I am loving this. What a treat to ride on. At around 6 mins I was hoping the drums would play also some quieter moments to allow for the grand atmosphere with the organs to play a foreground role as a break, but I must say the turn in melody and feel that took place there took away that thought a bit. A moment I wouldn't have minded being at 8)

and if you're going to work on this a bit more (provided you have separate tracks offcourse) to fade a bit with the volumes now and then. I feel taking something away at times from the mix brings only more ;)

I feel taking something away at times from the mix brings only more
you have a point, Mark. if i work on that one again, i'll take your advice.

and thanks for the nice comment.

A moment I wouldn't have minded being at
just a moment? :-o :wink: :hug:

cheers

who knows ;)

:-o

Oh My Gawd!

:o

Whaaaa? :shock:

Mercy! :o

:hihi:

Phil -- I would love to hear the vocalisms up a tad (as has been said) and maybe with a reflective 'glass wall' echo on them too to help give them some more space?

Then maybe a dub-style bassline -- maybe a sub bass synth?

Way interesting and completely cool -- my kind of music mate! :)

Cheers,
Alex

thanks Xander! i'm glad you like it, and i keep your advice in case i work on this one again (not sure, tho). :)

Return to “Music Cafe”