industrial shite from the archives

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a rough take, recorded live in studio, by a group I was half of that fizzled out before the first album was even done. It's much poppier than what you'd expect from me probably - somewhat of a TG sort of vibe.
Seeing as only about a third of the record was ever finished I figured I'd share this one here.

ohrwurm 'lucky star'(mp3,7.5MB)

Note: This was more or less improvised so a lot of things are a little unbalanced.

D/L ing right now, but I can already tell you it needs more shrill high pitched noise.

EDIT: D/Led and listened. Now, thats like top 40 radio for you. You do realise that your most structured (and socially acceptable) work is still the general masses unlistenable atonal nightmare, don't you?

:P

It's good stuff. If it werent for the repeating rythm it would fit in with your current mode. My favorte parts of your tracks are always the bowed metal type sounds that creep in, and this was no exception. The modulated voice reminded me of old Skinny Puppy, not sure why though... I don't think ohgr ever did anything low like that.

All in all cool... But im still holding my breath (and starting to turn blue) for Annihilist - Trinity... :)
Last edited by [ xerocreep ] on Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xerocreep wrote:D/L ing right now, but I can already tell you it needs more shrill high pitched noise.
I know. There's never enough, is there?

way to heavy for me :-o but gave it a listen.

some cool noise in there but i'm glad i'm not in your mind :hihi:

cheers,

steve.

oh yeah, comments above.

xerocreep wrote: All in all cool... But im still holding my breath (and starting to turn blue) for Annihilist - Trinity... :)
Teaser 2 from 'Trinity' will be posted within the next week. It's nearly done - some tweaks in the closing section are in order.

blaster78 wrote:way to heavy for me :-o but gave it a listen.

some cool noise in there but i'm glad i'm not in your mind :hihi:

cheers,

steve.
Thanks for checking it out!
My mind is actually pretty comfortable, once you get used to it.

Awesome! For some reason the Annihilst stuff really resonates with me.

Oi, it's like Top O' the Pops round here :x

It does show off its influences pretty heavily. The vocals really have a TG vibe going. I kept expecting a shouty high register vocal bit somewhere in there like on Patient OT.

Very good of it's sort, the drum circle beat offsets the noise squalls nicely, works like a minimalist pulse keeping the improv in check.

I would put some " air " at times ( breaks ) but otherwise wicked uberpremium mayhem ! :D

Err ... maybe not finally : kind of a hell apnea with depth charges sent down to close a case, variations / refinements could be welcome though :D

f**k ! it grows on me, it's now an absolute keeper ! :hyper: :love:

Nuisances Sonores wrote:Err ... maybe not finally : kind of a hell apnea with depth charges sent down to close a case, variations / refinements could be welcome though :D

f#@k ! it grows on me, it's now an absolute keeper ! :hyper: :love:
Thanks! I don't often do music with rhythms and notes and stuff, but I had a lot of fun doing the Ohrwurm stuff (from 2001 to 2003)- it was my 'pop' outlet. My partner in the project just ran out of steam, and I got wrapped up in other things, so it's abandonware, but I'm still quite attached to this and the few other finished pieces. Someday maybe I'll find a home for them.

shamann wrote:Oi, it's like Top O' the Pops round here :x

It does show off its influences pretty heavily. The vocals really have a TG vibe going. I kept expecting a shouty high register vocal bit somewhere in there like on Patient OT.

Very good of it's sort, the drum circle beat offsets the noise squalls nicely, works like a minimalist pulse keeping the improv in check.
This project was a self-conscious tribute to the music we both loved as teenagers. So there's lot's of very early Cabs, TG, SPK, Coil/Zos Kia etc in there. The drum rhythm was supposed to be cheesy sounding. Don't know if that comes through but it's related to the subject of the song, which is something of a critique of a tendency to passivity, wishful thinking, and escapism in certain specific individuals.

Thanks for the comments.

I like this - lovely noisebursts, 'nice' feel.

Reminds me of some stuff I listened to in the 80s, like Lustmord (I'm a Coil and SPK fan too - by TG, do you mean Throbbing Gristle or Tear Garden?)

Thanks for this DL.

dystonia_ek wrote:The drum rhythm was supposed to be cheesy sounding.
Kitschy seems apt to me, but now I'm just being picky. Still it's a good structural effect for controlling the mayhem going on around it.

Listened again on speakers this time, dig it better without headphones. You should do some more music once in a while, fun stuff. So long as it doesn't get in the way of Annihilist, of course.

Return to “Music Cafe”