[well mixed?] Break Out + new song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heya...

I started to mix, using my speakers..... now you tell me if it sounds okay on your speakers, too...

http://comply.de/mully/breakmix.mp3

thanks,
mully

EDIT: okay so now here's a little question for you ...which version do you like better

Bleed me white (acoustic)
Bleed me white
Last edited by multree on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sounds zep-tastic here :)

great... so I guess that means the next two weeks are going to be used for remixing... all my headphone mixes to speaker mixes 8)

and keep in mind that breakout was recorded using only two mics at a time.... well

Kick: SM 58
Overheads & Acoustic Guitars: C1000s
Bass: DI

Mate - I want to add a criticism or two, but in all honesty it sounds absolutely spot on in my monitors -- very even across the spectrum and really nice subtle bottom appearing in the sub monitor. :)

I keep expecting to hear the guy in Nickleback come in singing a grungy line or two around :15 or so... ;)

8) now that's what I like to hear....

but the vox start a little sooner tbh ;) you can check this thread for an earlier version of the same song with vocals and different drums

oh and another thing I only used three plug-ins....

WizooVerb W2 / T-RackS and MixPressor

multree wrote:oh and another thing I only used three plug-ins....

WizooVerb W2 / T-RackS and MixPressor
Cool :)

Interesting tho -- I tried T-Racks yonks ago and couldn't get it to do much more than what the native EQ & Hardlimiter do in Audition.

Here it really sounds amazing (still listening in repeat mode). Maybe I'm just stoopit... :hihi:

Really liking this track and the production mate. I want this kind of even EQ spread on my stuff. The fact that you did most of it live is inspiring me no end... :cry:

well I always tried to get that EQ thingy right but gave up on it long ago.... today I gave it another shot......

bassdrum: I enhanced the bass & high freq's and lowered the mids....
bass: I cut the low bass and lowered higher mids
guitar: I cut some bass freq's and mids.... pushed some highs

that's all

T-RackS is really cool if you don't use the presets and use it gently.... it's really cool for live recordings... maybe it's just not destined to be used with virtual instruments ?

oh and the W2 is really doing lots to the mix, too.... every track has it's own W2 with a different HDIR

Yep -- copy that.

I've been the typically lazy blodger wot uses the presets to 'test' everything. Or is it maybe that, since most of us are in the middle of various projects, we don't wanna take the time to twiddle the knobs, etc. enough to gives things a proper fair go... :shrug: :lol:

:dog:

Now I know why I suggested the Nickleback vocal :hihi: I listened to the vocal version of Break Out three weeks ago ... :lol:

...hoping you took the 'Nickleback' reference as a compliment.. ;)

Excellent stuff mate - I hope you do a new vocal track over this version -- and, purely meant as a constructive bit of observation -- think about giving the vocals more mids and more space like with maybe some of those way-excellent W2 IRs! ;)

Cheers,
Alex The Jealous

:hihi:

thanks

yup vox will propably be done tomorrow and there's gonna be some W2 over that for sure ;)

Cheers,
Alex The Remixer

Very nice mix on my headphones multree.

multree wrote::hihi:

Cheers,
Alex The Remixer
:lol:

Shuzhen wrote:Very nice mix on my headphones multree.
so I start mixing with real speakers for the first time.... with a decent room setup and you listen via headphones :x :hihi:

thanks anyway :wink:

You wanna know how it sounds on cheap PC speakers? Superb!!! Great work and very nice track mully.
Now, if I understand it correctly you recorded the drums whith the 58 on kick and the C1000 as overhead and that's it? Share some details.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

yeah that's it..... well the drummer was pretty good which helped a lot..... but it still sounded kinda awkward.... the kick was just a "plock"..... and well the overheads were okay but mono.....

so I ran both thru T-RackS and into W2 ....

the kick has a trimmed & reversed ambience IR and the overheads have a chamber IR with spread set to 100%

that's about it.... If you want to check out the T-RackS settings I could send you the presets.... but I guess they won't help much since every source is different....

Return to “Music Cafe”