Topaz- CompleteCycle -Ortaja

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2nd mix

A fusion of Funk/Rock/Ethnic/BigBeat

Cubase SX 3.1
Yamaha 01x
East West RA
Stylus RMX
z3ta+
subconscious

feat Emrys.J.Baird on Guitars.
Mwah on Bass

http://www.topazproductions.co.uk/audio ... jaMix2.mp3
Last edited by topaz on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

I can't see a link anywhere???

:party: :oops:

CypherOne wrote:I can't see a link anywhere???

cool tune matt.

your stuff always seems quite recognisable to me with the "eastern influence" melodies and the vibrato on your lead lines.

cool tune, the live bass will work nice.

nice breakdown at 1:50 ish.

enjoyed 8)

steve.

topaz wrote::party: :oops:

CypherOne wrote:I can't see a link anywhere???
that's betterer....back soon with some adulation probably...

AWESOME! (and I use that word advisedly)

Some immensely catchy riffs in there and the whole thing just kicks... The beats are excellent - what did you make em with? Can't wait to hear it with live bass and thickened/tightened up a bit (strings sounding a little loose at the moment).
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

yeah lovely track Matt. The beats sound familiar (Chemical Beats maybe?), at least some of the samples used perhaps...

As always I love the arabic influence, some great sounds used here.

Possibly needs a bit more going on in the middle section to hold the interest, but then again you mention a rap coming so that should suffice.

Can't wait to hear the end result :)

nice tune Matt !!

Link

cheers all, early days yet.

the beats are RMX layered with some odd break beat hits and compressed to bits.

back soon :)
griels wrote:AWESOME! (and I use that word advisedly)

Some immensely catchy riffs in there and the whole thing just kicks... The beats are excellent - what did you make em with? Can't wait to hear it with live bass and thickened/tightened up a bit (strings sounding a little loose at the moment).

blaster78 wrote:cool tune matt.

your stuff always seems quite recognisable to me with the "eastern influence" melodies and the vibrato on your lead lines.

cool tune, the live bass will work nice.

nice breakdown at 1:50 ish.

enjoyed 8)

steve.
I agree. It's a great tune and don't get me wrong, I'm more of a preset geezer than a sound designer but that vibrato lead and some of the eastern melodies seemed very similar to another of your tracks. A different choice of instruments would have been better imo, but that's only because I just listened to your tunes a few days ago. For a "topaz newbie" this won't be the case.
I'll see if I can be more specific when I get to hear it on some proper monitors.

Still great tune though 8)

:) no problem I am trying to build up some kinda sound here, along with that is the danger of repeating myself..thats why I really want to get some rapper in on this.

thanks for checking

:wink:

Armadillo wrote:[I agree. It's a great tune and don't get me wrong, I'm more of a preset geezer than a sound designer but that vibrato lead and some of the eastern melodies seemed very similar to another of your tracks.

great fusion stuff.

a really cool groove.

what did you use for the strings?

thanks for sharing

8)

the strings are
East West RA middle eastern string section :D

TrekStar wrote:great fusion stuff.

a really cool groove.

what did you use for the strings?

thanks for sharing

8)

Last edited by topaz on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I was listening to the first version and then noticed the new post and switched to the 2nd... wow.. what a difference.. it's much better.. and the first was good... ;) ...

Is that a digerdoo in the background?. Funky bass was very good and funky guitar cool too... gonnna be great with a rap in it..

sure you don't want MC Glooper to rap on it...;)

Ben

Return to “Music Cafe”