august contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Markleford wrote:calm down, look at this relaxing picture...
Honestly, that picture freaks me out!

If one of my cats looked at me like that, I'd be reaching for a heavy object...

- m

Congratulations to the worthy victors.

Thanks for the votes!!

I don't know a damn thing about synth programming, so I probably won't be taking part in September.

Truly rewarding experience this month. Thanks to all for making this contest what it is.

Oh, and Stop talking politics!!!!

:wink:

American politics? Take it to HPC! Please!
Ah! A prime example of the Europeanist bias on this board!

American politics in Hyde park????

I didn't even know WTF HPC was when it started. Hyde park? Where's that? Sounds quaint...

...but the Euro-elitistas just assumed that anything existing in their precious land would be known to all!!!

...this sort of thing is exactly why we had the revolution and kicked all the Eurobastards out of America!

:hihi:

Don't make us f*cking invade!

-S.

Sleek Month wrote:
Don't make us f*cking invade!

-S.
Yeah, we'll do it. You've all seen it. Try and stop us. boowahahahahaha! :wink:

fucanay

Sleek Month wrote:...this sort of thing is exactly why we had the revolution and kicked all the Eurobastards out of America!
[cheap shot] I thought it was the eurobastards who kicked the americans out in the 1600's... all you american whiteys are eurowimps! [/cheap shot]

farlukar wrote:
Sleek Month wrote:...this sort of thing is exactly why we had the revolution and kicked all the Eurobastards out of America!
[cheap shot] I thought it was the eurobastards who kicked the americans out in the 1600's... all you american whiteys are eurowimps! [/cheap shot]

Actually the Puritan founders of the Massachusetts Bay colony were not kicked out at all.

They very much wanted to be rid of English society, as Charles I wouldn't let them be their own sort of intolerant jerks (he wanted them to be proper episcopal intolerant jerks, whereas they were separatist intolerant jerks).

herodotus wrote:Actually the Puritan founders of the Massachusetts Bay colony were not kicked out at all.
But those were euroweenies too :shrug:

Anyone still anything to gossip about the contest btw? :D

emdot_ambient wrote:
jens wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:Andreas Ehrhardt, Changes69 is really reminding me of a lost Camel tune. I'm not sure it really works overall . . . but I've got a really sentimental/nostalgic spot for Camel's early work that this song tapped into. Touching.
if you promise to vote for me then I'll provide a Camel-tune as well next month! :-D :hihi:

(something I had planned to do for a long time but never actually came around to it :hyper:)
Well, I can't make any promises . . . but I love the old Camel stuff. It would certainly be one point in your favor (or 2) :)
the bit about the voting was just a joke... :-)

I really feel like wanting to do a bit of camelesque stuff right now however if I think of Camel I think of Andy Latimer but not Pete Bardens (may he rest in peace) - the fairytales are mostly whispered by guitars in my ears... - and anyway I guess I'll pass this month as I am pretty much bored by synths right now - also 'camelesque' probably rather leads to a five+ minute track than to a two minute track... - hence I'll just see what I can come up with and then post it in the cafe in a regular thread... :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

apologies that I didn't manage to vote last month - I spontaneously decided to go on a short holiday with three very good friends of mine and where we've been there was no internet :-D

thanks to everyone who voted for me(or hm-ed me) and/or reviewed my track! :-D
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Bah...that's just a photoshopped shot from a Mars Rover...
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

normandy?

there's no photoshop applied (apart from compression of course) :shock:

vurt wrote:normandy?
nope :-D

jens wrote:there's no photoshop applied (apart from compression of course) :shock:
Says you... ;) BTW don't you see the Wi-Fi connection point? It's right there, at the far end of that thing which looks like a bunch of telephone poles stuck into the ground (that's what gave it away in the first place). :lol:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

kovacs wrote:
jens wrote:there's no photoshop applied (apart from compression of course) :shock:
Says you... ;) BTW don't you see the Wi-Fi connection point? It's right there, at the far end of that thing which looks like a bunch of telephone poles stuck into the ground (that's what gave it away in the first place). :lol:
dunno what you're up to... :? - are you joking?

the pic has been taken by me with my digicam yesterday morning after having breakfast there at the beach and it's seriously and definetely NOT photoshopped! ;-)

Return to “Music Cafe”