[Bunnyboy] Didactic Rabbit - glitch (half done, very rough)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*cough*...
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

Has alot of promise. Really liked it once the beat got working and the synthy stuff drew me in. The bass works very well, mix seems quite good. Keep it up Bunny!

Shuzhen wrote:Has alot of promise. Really liked it once the beat got working and the synthy stuff drew me in. The bass works very well, mix seems quite good. Keep it up Bunny!
ta muchly :D

its more of a sketch - so some editing (micro-editing?) will be next on the, er, menu
Phil

Yeah, this track has a really good base to work from. I think a bit more variation and some fine tuning of the droneyness...(perhaps you could make it a bit darker sounding...but thats just me) and this track will be really good stuff.

Very aesthetically similar to the stuff I have been up to lately..well perhaps not as far off the dark end of the pool, but I meant it as a compliment :p

anyhow, can't wait to hear the more polished version.

later

First track of yours I've heard. You have a good foundation here, but it's held up by the lack of tension/buildup and the seemingly random glitching in the rhythms. As a result it feels a little more like inertia than forward momentum. What this needs is some very deliberate, considered editing/rearranging to sculpt it into shape.

dystonia_ek wrote:First track of yours I've heard. You have a good foundation here, but it's held up by the lack of tension/buildup and the seemingly random glitching in the rhythms. As a result it feels a little more like inertia than forward momentum. What this needs is some very deliberate, considered editing/rearranging to sculpt it into shape.
damn right!! :wink:

It is very much a "throw and see what sticks" kinda moment.

The buildups are there in my mind, so I can hear them, but nobody else can :wink:

Exactly, what I need to do is actually concentrate on the sounds and tension. I think that its getting there, but is not right in any small sense of the word.

I have built a version of the intro drums that build and vary extensively from what is on this version :love: and had great fun in doing so :love: :love:
Phil

xerocreep wrote:Yeah, this track has a really good base to work from. I think a bit more variation and some fine tuning of the droneyness...(perhaps you could make it a bit darker sounding...but thats just me) and this track will be really good stuff.

Very aesthetically similar to the stuff I have been up to lately..well perhaps not as far off the dark end of the pool, but I meant it as a compliment :p

anyhow, can't wait to hear the more polished version.

later

Yeah, I can see what you mean, and to a certain extent, I did mess with it more after listening to you tunes :oops:
So, any time you feel short of ideas...
Phil

well frisk me :o

I already love what's cooking here

Indeed the dynamics is where your focus should be; right now it's a build up of elements that at one point just become like mumbly chaos which for me is the desinterest point as fatigue sets in. I can but give one tip there; take away but do it subtly. It's like magic finding the secret actions, but when you do..... :)
And I have a feeling you'll get there too ;)

Sounds quite exciting

mystahr wrote:well frisk me :o

I already love what's cooking here

Indeed the dynamics is where your focus should be; right now it's a build up of elements that at one point just become like mumbly chaos which for me is the desinterest point as fatigue sets in. I can but give one tip there; take away but do it subtly. It's like magic finding the secret actions, but when you do..... :)
And I have a feeling you'll get there too ;)

Sounds quite exciting
its getting there - i need everything to build, complement and contrast at the moment, and i dont think that is gonna be difficult. making the track interesting for 5-6 mins, well... :wink:
Phil

Maybe some noise or feedback building up with it would be cool. Soemthing "Hecate-esque"... :shrug:

Is this track going to be for your band, or something different?

xerocreep wrote:Maybe some noise or feedback building up with it would be cool. Soemthing "Hecate-esque"... :shrug:

Is this track going to be for your band, or something different?
yeah, feedback would be a good idea - time to dig out pluggo jr!!!

Nah, it has no guitars therefore a no show on the band front. Plus its not 4 to the floor either :wink:
Phil

I like this a lot, exciting glitchiness, thanks for the DL!

Return to “Music Cafe”