Glitch pop - collab. with singer/guitarist

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Did this a few weeks ago actually.
The vocals are mixed too loud, but I didn't mix it so don't blame me :D I just did the music, well apart from the guitar and some additional noises.

It's probably not gonna be changed so don't bother writing an essay about changes I should do to the mix.

Regardless, I thought somebody might enjoy it anyway.

See you again

If the lyrics don't seem to make 100% sense then that's because they've come from three different sources. Long story. Enjoy.

Glad to see you took my advice and skipped the essays :lol:

You're right: I enjoyed it (anyway). :)
No essays.
Cheers

That's very sweet ARmadillo. The vocals and the melody reminds of some early 90s brit-guitar pop groups but the whole song seems very fresh and of course could be better if mixed properly.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

thanks guys. I'll take that as the slang "sweet" (kewl, wicked etc.) and not the "that's a very sweet son you got". :hihi:

I love the melody on this! nicely done. I love a glitchy sound.

Pretty cool. There's a lot of good stuff in there. I think the main vocals are little too upfront and the note when the singer says "would" - as in "I would see you again," sounds slightly sour to my ears. But that could also be related to the volume. The mix is clean and bright, I just think you could emphasize the percussive stuff and the instrumentation in general a bit more.

So where do the words/vox come from?

You™ wrote:Pretty cool. There's a lot of good stuff in there. I think the main vocals are little too upfront and the note when the singer says "would" - as in "I would see you again," sounds slightly sour to my ears. But that could also be related to the volume. The mix is clean and bright, I just think you could emphasize the percussive stuff and the instrumentation in general a bit more.

So where do the words/vox come from?
words/vox. It's an english guy I did a collab with, done through a UK musicians forum I'm part of. He did the guitar and vocals. Basically we had a "collaboration competition" just for the fun of it and to get some music going. He (the vocalist) grapped the lyrics from 3 songs other participants had made and squeezed it into one. He obviously didn't use their melodies, just the lyrics. Quite a funny and clever idea. :)

Thanks for the critique. Totally agrea about vocals too loud, as I mentioned in my first post, but he seemed to think it was ok, so....

Armadillo wrote: He did the guitar and vocals. Basically we had a "collaboration competition" just for the fun of it and to get some music going. ...Totally agrea about vocals too loud, as I mentioned in my first post, but he seemed to think it was ok, so....
Oh yeah, I see that up there. Well, it just goes to show why singers shouldn't mix their own songs. (I speak from experience - even though I hardly consider myself a singer.) :oops: :D

Return to “Music Cafe”