new blooz choon, made with NI Guitar Combos!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hitting The Monkey Nerve

After picking up NI's Guitar Combos suite last month, I just HAD to do something to experiment with it. Why not the blooz again? But this time I also experimented with some tempo and mood change, and a couple of key changes as well. I really, really like what I did with the middle section (a month of listening to the original Fleetwood Mac will do that to you :) )

Guitars: Peavey Wolfgang Special ST, Peavey Predator Plus through NI Guitar Combos (AC Box: most solos and all rhythm, Plexi Combo: slow solo, Twang Combo: second solo)
Bass: Dreibelbass through Johnson J-Station
Drums + Organ: Halion Player
Host + Mastering: Cubase SE on Apple Power Mac G4
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

Very cool and good playing but there is one thing I don't like about the NI combos.

The drums and bass sound like they were recorded in a first class studio, the guitars on the other hand sound like they were recorded in a basement with a simple microphone.
You can improve this with some stereo FXs.

Definitely got that smoky bar-room feel. Nice gutar paying in there!

I agree with AndrewSimon that some stereo FXs would help fatten the gat sounds.

Thought the change at ~2:30 was a bit abrupt, maybe needs something to lead it in. that section reminded me of some Santana sounds...

I liked it. I like that upbeat blues style.
Cheers

If you use the word "choon" again I'll slap you!

Return to “Music Cafe”