august contest ... REVIEWS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Again, typing as I'm listening to the more recent additions.

Markleford - I always enjoy good sax. :hihi: Nice tune this, I like. Nice vibe. what did you use for the sax out of interest?

Fucanay - Another well-written song. The lyrics struck a chord with me, maybe for a different reason than was intended, I dunno.

Kovacs - Mixed feelings here. Nice song, but no weeping at vurtstock please. Not sure the of relevance is all. :wink:

Griels - Good sounds from the off - not as jaaathy as I'd expected - no, wait, there it is "lalalala" :lol: What? :shock: What's those vocals? Is that you? Sounds like something from Rocky Horror, almost. :lol: Made me laugh so I like it.

Peppy197 - Nicely produced and spatious. Good tune.

Duncan Parsons - well, blow me down if that aint as catchy as a frisbee. :D Has an almost Zappa-esque quality. Fab. 8) Love the twiddly bit followed by the *ahem* and back to the tune again. Another one that made me laugh.

Emdot_Ambient - Incredible String Band again. Terrific track, I love this.

Ixox - I always like your stuff, Ixox. This is no exception. Your stuff always sounds uniquely French to me. I wonder why that could be? :lol: Beautiful.

Wilkoryte - Oh, more French stuff. There's a coincidence. Oddly enough your name immediately made me think of Wilko Johnson and when the guitar part started I thought it might possibly be him until you started to sing. :lol: Catchy pub music, but not my kind of thing really, sorry. Done well though - please excuse my personal musical taste. :oops:

OK, that's all of 'em up to yet, except one.
Softegg - What am I doing wrong here? I've tried a number of times to download your tune but I keep getting a .php file instead of a .mp3? I've seen people reviewing it, but I can't seem to open it other than in Dreamweaver, where it's just a bunch of nonsense code. :? A little help here please? I'm probably overlooking something really obvious so I'll apologise in advance but - :cry: - I wanna hear yer tune but don't seem to be able to. :?

Once again - it's all down to personal taste and nothing should be taken personally. Unless I'm making a compliment of course. then you can take it as personal as you like. :hihi:

Katanaman wrote:REVIEWS!!!
Freeztar - The Way Forward : Must... avoid... stroking... chin...
...Aw, what the hell, beard grows on my chin for a reason.
This is a very weird track, man, seriously. The only rational reaction is stroking my chin...man...
...seriously...
...like...I'm going nuts!!! All of a sudden I can't materialise my thoughts into words... In fact, I think this stuff has just killed my thoughts. I'm just standing here, looking smart, left hand planted firmly on chin, repeatedly massaging every hair that grows out of it, thinking "damn, why the hell did I put this on repeat?"... Must... hit... stop...
:help:
:bang:

Cool stuff... 8)
We must be in heaven man !!!
Tanks for the comments. I'm smiling ear to ear here and scratching my own scraggly beard. Time for a trim me thinks. ;)
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

liqih wrote: 05-08-Freeztar-TWF.mp3

smack smack kiss my dreams
nice post post
TWF???
Tripping with friends friends friends?
:D
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

nikp2000 wrote: oddbod
the white dove hovers over this piece imbuing it with with a righteous 60's vibe.
"i hear you bruther"
Glassback wrote: Oddbods Finger - I just love this song so much! Great vibe. Beautiful. Kind of reminds me abit of Klaatu. Also The Isness album. Fantastic.
Cheers...
I love The Isness album..it wasn't in my thoughts when doing the track, but maybe a bit of subconcious influence crept in

oddbods finger wrote: "i hear you bruther"
What's up with that guy's nose?! :shock:

Katanaman wrote:Liquih - empire : Very interesting listen. I'm certain now. You really are one of the most creative guys around here. You keep doing different stuff. This is not as good as your last month's entry, which was pure genius, but it's definitely fun to listen to. Sorry I don't have anything else to say. I can't really analise ambient. All I can say about it is either "I like it" or "I don't like it". In this case, it's obviously "I like it".
I'm at least flattered by your words, <grin>

yes it seems that I easily go for the path of
"love it or hate it",
the "last month's entry, which was pure genius"
as you write was voted by very few people, 4 it seems, but with good rate: first or second,

the ones who didn't vote for it, didn't even mentioned it in the HM, meaning that they considered it very very far from genious, let's say pure crap, LOL

yes I think that most of KVR contestants hate my music, <grin>
but maybe 3 or 4 guys loves it, thanks a lot

Didn't know about this thread... here are my reviews again - all of them, with the usual it's-just-my-opinion disclaimer :-)

Relax friend - Jens Leuner:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is fun, almost every part changes the feel of the previous parts that play. Could perhaps have used some reverb but at the same time it feels very live and very direct. Great!

All you need is bud-08/05 kvr contest-vurtstocktheme - vurt and friends:
Cool processing, though more of an intro than a real track. Still, very interestingly processed - I really like how you did that.

On_my_way_to_vurtsto - emdot:
Heh - 60s come here! Why did you hold on to this one for 40 years? Very fun track - also the first one that made me notice that WM can show lyrics for an mp3. Cool track, really enjoyed it!

En été comme en hiver - Ixox:
Your track came right after softegg's one in my player - and it really fit wonderfully. Nice track, good vocals and nicely orchestrated. I like the directness of the sound even though the vocal maybe could have used a small plate reverb or so.

Smoked out - softegg:
Great guitars! Nice arrangement. Very dark and moody, wonderful!

Magnetic Hill - Peppy197:
Cool track, great sounds. I love the powerful drums. Great arrangement if a bit cluttered in some points. A great listen.

Stoplisten - fucanay:
Nice vocals on this track, also the instrumentation has a nice sound to it. I don't really like the part after 1:00 which feels a bit chaotic after the first part. Still, nice playing and cool guitars!

Summer Loving - Duncan Parsons:
For some reason this felt more like a 70s or early 80s track than a 60s track. Very enjoyable. I like the guitars and, in contrast to what I usually feel in such cases, the different effects the parts do integrate well. Cool stuff!

Sax, Dub, Understanding - Markleford Friedman:
Cool rhythms and bass pattern, I love when it really kicks off around 0:30. Nice track!

That Vurty Feeling - Griels:
Cool track this, mixing lots of stuff without losing transperancy in the mix. It created a wonderful athmosphere that manages to combine 60s with present day sounds. Great!

I Weep - Kovacs:
Great piano sound, although a bit too much compressor added for my liking. Also, the vocals don't feel really integrated into the song. Still, great piano playing and a very dynamic track!

Hippie un jour - wilkoryte:
Fun track, nice guitars and drums. Vocals somehow seem to stand out a bit from the rest of the track. I don't really know why except that everything sounds very live except for the vocals which sound a bit studio and forced. Still, a very fun track. Nice!

Blows - Caco:
This is a nice track with some good sound choices. I like the rhythmic background. Maybe could have done with a tad more reverb on the lead instruments to integrate them a bit more, but then I like reverb... Great track, very relaxing. A good first entry!

Crosstown Traffic - Jefi Prentrix:
Brilliant sound, cool guitars and vocals and amazingly close to that 60s sound. Pity about the fadeout.

For Renais - Art Gillespie:
Nice, this has a real orchestral feel. Well arranged. It really feels like music that should accompany a movie trailer or something like that.

The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down - BitFlipper:
Nice, it has a nice acoustic feel and it suits the 60s athmosphere wonderful - down to the vocal arrangements. Only thing that's a pity is the ending which feels too sudden. Great track!

Garden Party - Glassback:
Cool track this. I like the way you modified those samples. Must have been some weird garden party. Fun track!

FailedSitcom - CoastMidlife:
Some nice rhythms, but I do miss a larger structure in this track. The guitar parts are nice.

A (Not) Very Cellular Song - astanine:
Nice singing, nice arrangement.

Hey joe - astanine:
Cool track, nice sounds. Could have done with a bit more diversity maybe.

Peace Now - Oddbods Finger:
Very, very nice... really sounds like a period song by Lennon or some other songwriter. Very appropriate choise of arrangement. Wonderful.

Thru de crooked glass - Techbot:
Nice track, great modification of real sounds to something unique. Great rhythmic structure.

Empire - Liqih:
Interesting use of that effect.

Surfing the rings of Saturn - Hovmod:
Cool track. Great guitars. The snare drum seems a bit out of place compared to the giant amount of reverb on the guitars, also it seems to lag behind just a tad. All in all though, a great track.

Born six years later - ZioKiller:
Cool... really feels like the kind of relaxing track a band plays between two more hectic ones. Nice sounds, great subtle guitar work. I like it!

GrabaCab - Alex James:
I kind of was expecting a take on 'Abacab' by Genesis when I read the title. Totally different though... interesting mix of instruments and very experimental. Nice!

WholeLottaWoj - WoJ:
Great guitar playing, a bit of a pity that it's dominated by the crowd noises. It does however get the feel of a live concert across very well.

An Aquarium Implosion - You™:
Nice soundscape, some very good sounds in here.

Grausamer Sommer - Thomekk:
Nice athmosphere, great guitars. Nice vocals.

What is Vurtstock - rockstar_not:
Nice guitars, cool bass... love this one, it has a really great live athmosphere. I love the subtlety of this one.

Peaches En Cream - Richiebee:
Very professional sounding, nice stereo image seperation (though perhaps a tad too much as the guitars dominate the right speaker). Fun guitar playing, nice arrangement.

Rush ´69 - Max el Belga (alias Poepe):
Very professional sounding track, great guitars and synth sounds and very well arranged.

What-it-is - herodotus:
Great arrangement. Love the sounds. Vocals are nice enough but don't seem to fit in, could maybe do with more reverb and perhaps some kind of effect (as is applied later on in the track). Anyway, cool track.

It's all a bunch of tree-huggin' hippie crap - Farlukar:
Interesting sounds, mix sounds a bit full. I love how the guitar comes in at the end. Feels more like a great intro than a complete track in itself though.

Lovechild - diek:
Heh, very 60s sounding track this one. Nice guitar and vocal work.

KvR Rabbit - Col.G:
Nice bass work. The drums could use more power in my opinion though, and I have to say that I don't really like this style of vocals.

Vurtstock - Respirator:
Very interesting soundscape, this... partly electronic but the sax really adds to it.

Vurtstock anthem - papatomany:
Love the sound of the guitar, very live sounding. Miss the anthem the title mentions, though.

Special Girl - Katanamen:
Great stuff, perfect live athmosphere.

Vurtstock dreaming - knockman-wildchurch:
Great pad sounds, wonderful dreamy athmosphere. Vocals could have done with maybe some lo-fi effects. Great track!

Believe in the power - mystahr:
I really like this one, though its athmosphere does not feel so much like a concert but more like a soundtrack accompanying a movie of some wonderful landscapes like antartica or so... great stuff!

Love and Peace - Patrick9:
Very nice track with a kind of Clannad vibe to it. The lead Vocals does not seem to fit the rest of the music, but not so much that it spoils a very enjoyable track.

An Aquarian Introduction - Wopelka:
Very nice live feel to this track, although the main vocals do not have the same kind of live feel to it, maybe a bit of distortion and a different reverb could have worked better. I like the crowd vocals.

Changes69 - Andreas Ehrhardt:
Great track. I love the guitar sound and the playing, although there is a part between 0:40 and 1:05 where I miss a clear sense of direction. The rest is absolutely great!

Vurtstock - Beardedone:
Very interesting track, I love the tempo changes in this one - you never know what's going to happen next.

Nshawu (smokin' the tree...) - Sepheritoh:
Nice intro, not really sure about what follows then. The main string lines seem to sound like the sound could be more sustained in order to get the right sound. Still, arranging such stuff is very difficult and the arranging is well done.

Lemme Be - Sleek Month:
I absolutely love the bass and guitars in this one, very live sounding piece of rock! The sound of the vocals is spot on too. Perfect!

Shakoor rana - donkeyt:
Great track, I love the sitar - they could have been a tad more prominent in the mix for me. Great guitar work and vocals.

Space love theme in blue - nikp2000:
Nice playing, interesting sound but more of a cool intro to a track than a track in itself.
"...Everything we see or seem is but a dream, within a dream."
MySpace site: http://www.myspace.com/MarcJX8P
Virb: http://www.virb.com/marcjx8p

liqih wrote: yes I think that most of KVR contestants hate my music, <grin>
but maybe 3 or 4 guys loves it, thanks a lot
I usually hate it but your last month's entry was pure genius... :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

REVIEWS!!!!

Part2(review thread edition):

Kovacs, you haven't made it into my second batch, but worry not... If I don't chicken out, you'll be in the next one... :D

BitFlipper - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down : Hmm... not my style, to be honest. It's a very nice song. I love the chorus and the general feel of it all. For some reason, it makes me think of the color yellow. Well, not necessarily yellow... it's yellow with JUST a little bit of green... That's the picture it suggests to me. Pathetically minimalistic picture, isn't it? I should see a psychiatrist.

Glassback - Garden Party : That's some powerful bass(and kicks)!!! I like how it's neither imitating vurt or trying to sound woodstock. Instead, it's just f**ked up on drugs, in classic vurt and woodstock fashion and, especially, VURTSTOCK fashion. It's quite an achievement. It sounds completely different from all the other tracks(in fact, it sounds tailor made for the dancefloor, which is something I definitely did not expect this month) but manages to do so without disregarding the rules. This sounds like a bite sized version of vurtstock. A whole lot of smoking and coughing. The people talking on the background... Is that a sample of the garden party? ... And the repeating vocal sample... is that donkey saying "c**t off"? IT IS, ISN'T IT? Please, tell me it is. I want to sound perceptive.

Marc JX8P - Coasting : Nice track. At first it's just that, a nice track, but it gets a lot better at around 0:58, when that organ kicks in. It's not really my style but I really enjoyed listening to this one. Mostly thanks to the organ(I love organs and this one sounded quite unique), but the main lead is also pretty cool, only problem being that it gets a little cheesy at parts.

Barnadine - A (not) Very Cellular Song : Another favourite. I wasn't very impressed listening to the begining, to be honest. It sounded too quiet for me but after listening to the whole thing I was impressed. The way it develops is very satisfying... Also, something I noticed some time ago about your music is that you always manage to sneak weird electronic sounds worthy of Aphex Twin into the sweetest tracks. I love that.

Techbot - Thru de crooked glass : Wow, now this is some cool stuff!!! I can't really see the vurtstock references but I don't really care either. The second your track started playing I found myself dancing on my chair. Mental note: Never attempt to do "the worm" sitting on a chair again.
Cool drums and even cooler melody. 8)
Yet another "yet another favourite"...

HauntedWeather - Coast Midlife : Nice relaxed mood. Maybe too relaxed but nice anyway. I can't see the vurtstock references, as with Techbot's track, but again, I don't really care.

oddbods finger - Peace!...Now! : Very, very nice track. From the title, I was expecting some furious metal demanding peace("PEACE NOW, motherf**ker!!! PEEEAAAAAAACE"), and I think I may have kind of prefered that, to be honest... you know, I like metal... but this is the second best song you could get for the title, and it's a great title, so naturally, it's a great song. Oh, man, yet another "yet another "yet another favourite""...

Astanine - Hey Joe : You're not human!!! :shock: A pretty cool bit of depressing music, though.

Heredotus - What it is : :-o You sing just like Rob Schneider!!! You deserve a high score for that fact alone. The music also happens to be good, which is a nice extra. Guess what... yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another favourite"""!!

Farlukar - Tree Hugging Hippie Crap : :lol: Great title. This track's so hippie I've got to love it! I'd say it's yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another favourite"""" but I want to save quoting marks.

Richiebee - Peaches en cream : You know what? You should contact someone in japan and make music for anime series. Seriously. I can picture it already... the theme song to "giant robots who are the save of galaxy for the extraterrestrial creatures which attack the neo tokyo"(translated directly from the japanese title)... You could get rich and marry a schoolgirl!(the only downside is that her father's a giant tentacle)

Knockman - Vurtstock Dreaming (cut loose, sail the cosmic vibe) : I've always found it odd that, you being such a funny guy, your music is so dark. And I love it. Atmospheric and addictive. I could have done without the fade out but it doesn't really bother me.

Ziokiller - born six years later : I can't really appreciate your music because I'm so jealous of your talent. Why are you so talented? WHY? ANSWER ME!!!! Luckily, the crowd samples seem slightly out of place, so ha! But the rest is still too perfect!!! :x

poepe - Rush '69 : Yay! Porn music! I'm naked as I'm writing this: yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another "yet another favourite"""""!!! Pure genius. Love those screams at the begining and the section at 0:53.

Col. G - KVR Rabbit : :lol: :lol: :lol: Another hilarious Col. G entry... Your music seems to get better and funnier each month.

Katanaman wrote:Kovacs, you haven't made it into my second batch, but worry not... If I don't chicken out, you'll be in the next one... :D
Aah...I thought you were just about finished the last time...I need at least two more people to tell me how bad my mix is. :lol:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

the last of them

emdot
groovy quirky breezey 60's california vibe, and that's where all this aquarian shit started, baby

vurt
it's all about you man! you let loose the cosmic aquarian vibe and all we need is love
or we're just stoned

jens
you go cat. the white dove spirit takes birth in laid back grooves

Whew... Here's all of mine in one shot... Some are repeats -- all are gathered here. Please self-insert all the smilies that tried and failed to insert and know you deserve! ;)
===========================================

oddbods finger ===> Beautiful! Nice sort of 'Ian Hunter' feel & gentle, attractive mix -- maybe need to EQ the bass a bit out of the mud in some spots. Like -- Groovy man! :)

Haunted Weather ===> Interesting use of the baby toy! I always appreciated that sound! Getting a wee bit of distortion from the percs here. Reminds me of something Roberto Gonzales would use in a love scene! ;)

Techbot ===> Yaha! I am back in the Bijou watching 'The Trip' with Peter Fonda -- or is it the scene in Easy Rider where he and Hopper are tripping in the New Orleans graveyard? :lol: And Big Extra Kudos for the Video! I was scared cause I thought the opening frames were a shot of vurt's underarm growth, but mercifully it turned into a tree! :hihi: I'm giving this 'The Xander 3-splif award'!

Barnadine ===> Typically cool Barnadine - Love the woodwinds & orchestral percs (& girlfriend vox)! Syd Barret wake up!!! ;) Another example why living down-under something can similarly be considered as being on top of it! (maybe only an Aussie understands this) :)

Marc JX8P ===> Holy shades of 'Early Focus minus Jan Hammer & all the yodeling' Batman!:) Bring up the guitar five notches! Way cool B3/Leslie which adds a Fifth Dimension! ;)

peope ===> Wow - really coppin a good Allman Bros groove there and then the band got stoned? Great track and excellent mix, great drums, cool laid-back sax, spot-on gueetar, righteous vocals and el superbo bass! Can't wait to hear some more from you mate (and Little Dude)!

Richiebee ====> Nice clean chords there mate! Happnin lil' number with a light boppy feel and cool percs! Nice clean mix and good ballance! Like, way cool daddyo

farkular ====> Dude! Reminds me of the soundtrack for a movie called The Electric Circus with Peter Fonda -- where they put a lot of pools of oil in front of the camera with a lot of coloured dye and it made it seem like you were on acid and stuff... Love it!

herodotus ====> Love the lyrics (ain't it the trooth...) Great mix in these monitors and nice spread on the instrumentation. A jaunty and happnin groove that I can't stop singing!

astanine ===> Awesome & way cool rendition of the classic Hey Joe!! I love it and it is ensured of a vote from me! I like the modernized beat & psycho-devo style! -- this should definitely be in the next Tarantino movie mate!

Glassback ===> Incredible 'I was there!' track! Along with the bong, an absinthe memory of a very vurtesque moment in space-time. Beautifully mixed, as usual. Should have been named "Flashback" because now I'm seeing 'trails'...

BitFlipper ===> Hits me weak spot for all things 'Big Pink'. Robbie and Levon were never backed up so well before! Wonderfully nostalgic of that time once upon a time... Excellent mix & vocals that, as usual, make me wish I had a voice. Tears in me beers mates.

bitshift ==> Beautiful, big and ambitious orchestral arrangement - Difficult to pull off but done very well here. Nicely mixed with just the perfect touch of verb space and would sit well on any game track or even film score!

GuitarJeff ===> Awesome repro of Jimi's awesome song, and a typically awesome vocal gueetar combo as usual from this troublemaking Prentis dude. Mix so surgical you could transplant kidneys with it and, if you can't find your Hendrix Album to make that vital backup CD, you can use this tune instead... and... and...

Caco ===> Caco, in his infinite wisdom, decided to up & post a great and wonderous track using all my favorite instruments!! Nice syncopation and great mix too! Very nicely done mate!

Hovmod ====> Love the guitar break, really great percussive punch! What is that guitar? A LP Custom? Love the pic of you and the young Tor :) A nice feel and great effort mate!

Donks =====> Hilarious as usual mate! Like a smacked out George Harrison! Great mix and tasty licks! ;)

Patrick9 ====> Great little Irish threnody there mate (from a Lancashire Lad wot)! Love the background vocals too!

You™ ===> My family lived in Sedona for a while, but left when all the 'New Agers' showed up. Reminds me of a cassette you could buy there of the local hippy goddess wot could channel strange beings into telling you various bits of obscure wisdom. Love it! :)

AndreasE ===> Wonderful mix and very tasty 12-string. Wished it had a vocal. Goodly M-Tron accompaniment there ;)

WoJ ===> John Mayall plays the Vurtmore East? Excellent! Ahh nostalgia... a nice reminiscence indeed mate. ;)

Wopelka ===> I always love your quirky style and excellent mixes! :) I love to hear gourd instruments but they frighten me when I look at them! :lol: Typical Wopey -- Love it! (and the girl sounds like she's havin a bit of fun too) :)

papatomany ===> Couldn't download -- maybe firewalled here in china?

Diek ===> I though it was going to be Dylan's 'All Along The Watchtower", but it was better! :) Maybe next time pop in a vocal harmony here or there? Cool mate :)

liqih ===> Very trippy psycho-retrospective of a paradigm era, when minds linked all over the planet and changed a generation's perspective of life. ;) (did I just say that?) :)

Katanaman ===> I was there mate! Sounds to me like the 'Isle Of Vurt' series of concerts back in the day! Lots of fun and great effort! :)

respirator ===> I understand what you're doing here & I love the trumpet! :)

rockstar_not ===> Early 'America' take off? :lol: I keep thinking I'll hear the lyrics from 'Horse With No Name' coe tumbling in. Nice effort mate! :)

Beardedone ===> Ah Gordon, inspiration to us all. Does indeed sound like what Vanila Fudge would have sounded like were they still intact. Well done as usual. :)

thomekk ===> Tac! I am driving up from Copenhagen to Elsinore in 1970! Wonderful effort and very interesting and appealing use of instruments! I really like this :)

Sepheritoh ===> I see a film where vurt is running in slow motion, a brave look of determination on his face, as he races across the floor to save a bong that is falling off the table... :)

Sleek Month ===> Beautifully done, there's no denying, and the effort speaks for itself indeed. Sounds like my first band without the adoring crowd! :hihi:

NIKP2000 === Nice space-out synths and feel! I'm in love with a Space Girl! :)

ZioKiller ===> Very mellow and my kinda feel! Perfect Rhodes & excellent mix! I like this a lot!

freeztar ===> Nice ambientified intro which keeps on going. Lots happening and then the dark reflections creep in toward heaven! Nice! Ready for some 'Exotica'? :lol:

mystahr ===> Nice ambient with the necessary indian tablas reflecting the vibe of the era. Always good interesting and pleasant mystahr mix!

Col.G ===> Love it and love the lyrics! Mix is better this time around too! Crackin me up mate!

knockman ===> Syd Barret move aside mate! Typically sweet & dulcet knockman tones weaving a very pleasant Floydesque mood!

wilkoryte ===> I heard something similar to this in a documentary about a bike race in France -- & I see one or two of them sweet French girls swaying to an fro and nodding in agreement! Magnifique! :)

kovacs ===> A nice feeling here and great effort! This is the kind of 'undiscovered' tune that get discovered and 'covered' by the Claptons and Robbie Wiliams of the world :)

griels ===> Aha! Here's another Exotic mate along with me & Clueless & Freeztar! Every Griels song is a trip into it's own parallel universe! Love it! :)

fucanay ===> A little o Country Joe & The Fish here -- nice laid-back vocals and easy arrangement. Flows well!

Markleford ===> Man I love that sax, like cool big daddy! :) I think you & me was hangin at the Monterey Jazz Festival when everyone else went to the 'stock! :lol: Love it! Let's jam baby!

peppy197 ===> Some very nice sounds here and I like your melody construction :) I'd hate to hear what you could do if got ahold of some less GM-sounding samples ;)

softegg ===> A nice number guitar number that reminds me of a once awesome yet little-known group called 'Fevertree' -- takin me back there like a magic carpet mate!

duncanparsons ===> Nice arrangement and instrument spread! Your really showing your versatility with VSTi here mate! Well done ;)

Ixox ===> Wish I knew more French & I bet you have a lot of girlfriends! I always love your songs mate -- a top bit of music here :)

emdot_ambient ===> I can hear this on late night FM radio circa 1969! Nicely done mate, though the mix is not up to your usual best? Enjoyed it I did! ;)

vurt +++> "(which never actually happened anyway...)" *LOL* This is like Max Yasgur who said woodstock was naught but a "few kids havin some fun..." on his farm. You nut! Of course it happened! Dinnit? A nice vurt piece to go along with the mood too! Cheers mate & thanks for being you!

jens ===> Nice bit of acoustic work here and, of course, I love the double bass! Nice moody piece and vocal.

Cheers & Well Done All,
Alex

...xander wrote:kovacs ===> A nice feeling here and great effort! This is the kind of 'undiscovered' tune that get discovered and 'covered' by the Claptons and Robbie Wiliams of the world :)
*dreaming of $$$*

Thanks, Alex!
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

Cut me in for 1 or 2%? :hihi:

...xander wrote:Cut me in for 1 or 2%? :hihi:
For you I'll even grant you 3% (after cost recovery). :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”