new NRB/Meloday track......

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewto ... 7348#17348

let's see if it gets your head bobbing :)

Peace,

Meloday

First off - you need to tag your files. Use Winamp or iTunes to put in the extra information. Otherwise I'll lose the song in my library, and never find it again. An important lesson I learned on these boards.

The song is not my cup of tea. So I might not be the best person for a review, cause the music I listen to and create is almost the polar opposite. But, here goes: the tones you used I found very irritating. The vocal sample was just grating. More over I didn't find the song had much of a groove - the beat was pretty stiff and didn't have enough variety. It kinda felt like you made it on an old casio keyboard.

I don't mean to offend. But since you posted on the board, I felt that I should give my feedback after a listen.
find your flow, eight albums of mellow beats: www.generalfuzz.net

GeneralFuzz wrote:First off - you need to tag your files. Use Winamp or iTunes to put in the extra information. Otherwise I'll lose the song in my library, and never find it again. An important lesson I learned on these boards.

The song is not my cup of tea. So I might not be the best person for a review, cause the music I listen to and create is almost the polar opposite. But, here goes: the tones you used I found very irritating. The vocal sample was just grating. More over I didn't find the song had much of a groove - the beat was pretty stiff and didn't have enough variety. It kinda felt like you made it on an old casio keyboard.

I don't mean to offend. But since you posted on the board, I felt that I should give my feedback after a listen.
Yikes..... :(

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, I guess. Thanks, General Fuzz, for your critique. Much appreciated.

Anyone else want to punch me in the gut?

bump....

looking for more feedback on this one.

Positive stuff first - I like the flutey vynil sound (56). For me, the song sounds best between 1:20 and 1:50. The drums and bass need to sound a lot funkier.
I sort of agree with GeneralFuzz about the vocal samples. I think they just get in the way.
I quite like the 2nd yodeling vocal but it sounds like its in the wrong song.

sonarman wrote:Positive stuff first - I like the flutey vynil sound (56). For me, the song sounds best between 1:20 and 1:50. The drums and bass need to sound a lot funkier.
I sort of agree with GeneralFuzz about the vocal samples. I think they just get in the way.
I quite like the 2nd yodeling vocal but it sounds like its in the wrong song.
thanks for the feedback sonarman. fair points. you manage to be honest with your opinion without being discouraging. unlike generalfuzz. much appreciated. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”