ambient game boy noodling

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(edited so as not to crowd vurts thread)
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

show off :D

i picked up a new voice changer in dublin :)
still waitin on starwars stuff to bottom out for the darth one tho.missed em at half price in index :(
full headset :D

Says the guy who manages to get piccies of his American Mcgee figures into a thread about once a fortnight...

hehe
they aint musical toys tho :P
inspirational mebbe...

T'girlie keeps saying we should go to Toys R Us this week. Keep tellin her its not that kinda toys though.

nice sounds John :)

:o

CypherOne wrote:nice sounds John :)

cheers :D

This is pretty cool and very nanoloopish. :D
You should experiment with nanoloop some more for it's pretty cool what you did with it. though the tick of the sudden ending is a bit annoying.

I recommend you all check out bubblyfish for some other awesome nanoloop (/gameboy music). I saw her live recently and that was way cool!
mystahr wrote:and this finds its origin in the nintendo?
Just for the record: nanoloop is not an Nintendo developed and/or endorsed piece of software …but the sounds you hear are generated by the sound chip of the Nintendo GameBoy.
~leave through a door.~
http://www.eretsua.com

cheers for the artist recommendation
and yeah ill definitely be diggin into it.
its just so fun :hyper:
havent printed out the manual yet tho so have no real clue what im actually doing yet :hihi: (nothing new there then)

thanks for listenin :)

vurt wrote: and then Dave seeing as you asked i fed it to several ohmies fx and some reaktor :hihi:
Aaahaa!!! Very nice Sir!

I always ran R4 & Nano in sync... Haha didnt enter my head to do it that way :dog: !!!

If you do decide to dig into this GB Music further theres a load of cool stuff floating around for GB!!!

A cool Kat called firestARTer makes a midi sync box so you can run Nano in time with your hardwear/PC.. and I havent even mentioned LSDj :)

Trash80 had some fantastic .ens for Reaktor (he made the Oki Computer Ens) along with other GB sounding instruments. I might also add his tunes are FANTASTIC ... very inspirational - he is running a mimimal site @ the moment - www.trash80.net

There is also a project for using a GBA as a loop player, cant remember it now tho...

There is another GB app called GB Edrum which is a mimimal drum box b ut lots of fun!!!

Sheet - theres LOTS of fun to be had!!!

Dave

cheers for the info :)
ill definitely have a look at some other bits once i get my head around this i think :)

Return to “Music Cafe”