Couple of new tunes... symphonic metal and melodic rock

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't been able to get a lot of feedback on either of these songs, so hopefully someone here will be a pal and give them a listen.

www.soundclick.com/bands/5/alchemystic_music.htm

"Apocalyptic Approach" - symphonic metal, with an emphasis on the symphonic part

"Reminiscence" - I honestly have no idea how to describe this song... uh, acoustic/prog/synth/experimental/melodic rock... or something.

Sorry for not having direct downloads, I don't really have anywhere to store these songs at the moment other than SC.

Apocalyptic Approach, it's pretty good.
My soundclick page is http://www.soundclick.com/necrosensual

dude, thats awesome! what are you using here? the drums sounds are awesome as are the orchestral sounds.

(the guitars are really awesome too but those you played in, im guessing?)

btw, have you heard of the transiberian orchestra? if not you should listen to some of their stuff. same idea.

Yep, I like TSO.

This is the first song in which I've used rock drums where I don't utterly hate the production of them. Probably because I put each element in a separate track, giving me a lot more flexibility. My previous attempts at effecting a whole kit have yielded mud.

Guitars are played live... Fender Squier (yech) played through a GuitarPort. Orchestral sounds are from Garritan Personal Orchestra. Drums, bass, and choirs are from SampleTank 2.

I listened to Apocalyptic Approach. The piece was quite good. I don't have anything bad to say about it, but perhaps some minor suggestions.

1) Double tracking the guitars would probably help you quite a bit. Also, choose one amp model with a lot of bass to offset the high-end fizziness of the guitar track you have going.

2) Add a (real) bassline. If you don't play bass then you could easily find a bass player on the 'net to help you. It's too good a song to let it go without a full set of instruments. If you would like then I'd be happy to lay down some bass lines for your song.

3) I'm not very familiar with Garritan, but some of the instruments might benefit from a little legato on some of the notes. It sounds good as it is, but legato would add a bit more realism to the orchestration.

There, that's it. Like I said, I liked the song a lot and these aren't criticisms. They are just suggestions for things that I think might make the song a bit better than it is already.
Excuse all the blood.

Um, I did doubletrack the guitars! (you mean the rhythm guitars, yes?) Should I doubletrack the leads, too? This is actually something I'm very interested in, since all my leads sound really really thin.

When I say I doubletracked the rhythm section, I meant I recorded two separate takes and panned them on opposite sides. Is this the correct way to do things?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Return to “Music Cafe”