slowly losing it...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

frustrationsImage

part of a live piece i did just 3 mins cut from the middle(the rest is kinda normal of me but this bit is a nod to my frustrations of the past few days)

holy shit vurt! what kind of music is this! noise? seriously man it sounds uhh more pissed then frusterated maybe you should call it pissed :D it sounds like a huge pissed of monster breathing hard as hell. maybe hes pissed cause he didnt get to bag the female monster at the club :D definitly not the kind of music id listen to on the way home from work but for that day when you get sacked by the boss and you feel like going postal this will do :D

Very soothing...
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders - Lao Tzu

Hey... This actually IS quite soothing... Not sure if you meant it to be that way... I like the flanged drum noodling going on in this. It almost sounds IDM...

But Vurt! That initial harsh tone at the very beginning (the very first 0.2 seconds of it)... I am not sure you meant it to kick in that strong or not. But it is almost speaker-damaging strong (at least, ear-drum damaging). I did a quick analysis of that little bit... rms value of -7.5dB... ouch.

I'll probably get bashed/flamed for saying this, but could ya lower that section just a bit? It really is painful when listening on cans...

I master my stuff at -1.5..How is -7.5 too loud?

:?

There is a big difference between peak and rms values... -7.5dB for a tone that sits mostly @ 600 to 1000hz isn't exactly ideal. (again... that is just my opinion).

Hell, even Queens of the StoneAge master their stuff at only 11dB rms (and they get criticised plenty for their wall-of-sound approach).

BTW... Sickle, I've listened to plenty of your stuff, and I've never come across a track that maintains a constant volume of -1.5dB... Is that even possible? :shrug:

I dunno, but I'll try :D

advaya wrote:Hell, even Queens of the StoneAge master their stuff at only 11dB rms (and they get criticised plenty for their wall-of-sound approach).
What crap. They sound fantastic..especially the new one.

:love:

Sicklecell666 wrote:
advaya wrote:Hell, even Queens of the StoneAge master their stuff at only 11dB rms (and they get criticised plenty for their wall-of-sound approach).
What crap. They sound fantastic..especially the new one.

:love:
I agree... It isn't my critique... Not many bands can pull off a trick like that and still sound good. :wink:

And as for the trying bit (your above post). Let me know when you do... But give me adequate warning first! I am afraid my hearing is already on the downward spiral. :(

Cheers.

This has been on repeat for about an hour now.

I should really go to bed.

must...turn....off.....player....can't.......move

advaya wrote: But Vurt! That initial harsh tone at the very beginning (the very first 0.2 seconds of it)... I am not sure you meant it to kick in that strong or not. But it is almost speaker-damaging strong (at least, ear-drum damaging). I did a quick analysis of that little bit... rms value of -7.5dB... ouch.

hehe this was cut out of the middle of a 30 minsish live piece you should hear the 15 mins befor if you think those 2 secs are harsh :o

thanks for the ears everybody :)

Good one, vurt. Like herodotus, I had this one on repeat several times over without even realizing. Very good for zoning out.

Like this a lot - quite lulling and hypnotic in its own way. I hear Reaktor in those drums - presumably the R5 upgrade is leading you into all this rhythm stuff, though that sounds like an R4 ensemble I know.

cheers guys

yeah r5 is when i noticed the beatboxes n manglers more two beat boxes used here vectory and splitter,theyre in the new additions but could be updates :shrug:

I want the full 30 minutes. Please. Love this. Maybe I should start smoking...

Return to “Music Cafe”