Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

!Epoch, for the next 4 years

woggle
KVRian

1303 posts since 23 Nov, 2012

Postby woggle; Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:55 am Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

If Colin pulls this off it will be a huge achievement, a major improvement in midi processing on the windows platform. Not surprisingly it is taking quite a while. And he has had to rescope and rethink all along the way. I think he should be congratulated for ambition and persistence
Last edited by woggle on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dave dove
KVRian

790 posts since 31 Aug, 2007, from wales

Postby dave dove; Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:58 am Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

fuxache
I not in a hurry
I looking forward to it
I don’t feel deceived
I love the concept
I sure it will be fab

Happy new year Colin

Dave
http://k-teck.co.uk/
Max for Live devices
Realtor ensembles
lnikj
KVRAF

1687 posts since 23 May, 2005, from the North Cornwall coast

Postby lnikj; Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:09 am Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Daags wrote:this won't be released in 2018.

I'll take that bet. £50?
cwig
KVRist

262 posts since 4 Sep, 2005

Postby cwig; Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:42 am Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

pinki wrote:Yes very bored...working over New Year...I wasn't being serious btw...but you have to admit its strange indeed to keep saying a thing and not doing it. I mean why? Why not just keep Shum and release it when you're ready or just say it's not ready and won't be for another year. I find the constant ..frankly...deceit just insane. You may think it's not and you are entitled to your opinion of course! Happy New Year ...and back to boring job for me!

What I find strange is to keep saying it is “almost ready for release” for several years (since 2012?). Never seen that before. But, we will have to see if it actually is released this year.
starla*
KVRist

113 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from Sweden

Postby starla*; Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:34 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

colin@loomer wrote: I still hope to make a release before the clocks strike 2018, but it really depends on how much I get done over the Christmas season.

I think there will be a beta any day now. :hihi:
stanlea
KVRAF

4792 posts since 11 Feb, 2005, from Bordeaux France

Postby stanlea; Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:49 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Keepin' cool and relax.
You can't always get what you waaaant...
Daags
KVRAF

2110 posts since 19 Dec, 2014

Postby Daags; Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:37 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Gentlemen ... do you really think release is anywhere remotely close, when in all this time, not a single soul besides colin has commented in this thread about its development ?

so there is no 'alpha' testing, or 'closed beta', with testers other than Colin ? .... he's just gonna release it (public beta) straight into the public domain, without first testing it extensively within a closed circle ?

even if he would release the public beta for free, it would be a support nightmare for one man to deal with all those initial bug & stability reports if it hadn't at least gone through a closed-circle testing phase first. surely the sensible thing to do, as is standard practise anyway, is to extensively test it amongst a closed circle first.

so why haven't we heard from those people ? .... after all this time, if such a circle existed, you'd think he'd even allow some filtered comments to seep through to the surface to mitigate all this skepticism ?

and if such a phase has not been reached yet, it is only reasonable to assume that when it is reached, it will be many more months until public release. or you think it would be smart for one guy to deal with such a support avalanche on his own, if he simply goes from his own bench to the wide open public in one step... ?

so ponder on that, and the looooong list of 'final polish, just around the corner, i swear folks' quotes we've seen for years .... and if you still think a widely accessible release is likely anytime soon, I have a bridge to sell you.
Michael L
KVRAF

1904 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:48 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

^^^ Daags, I rewrote that as a Country & Western ballad, a Two-Step EDM.
To the tune of "Someday Soon" with apologies to Judy Collins:

There's a program that I know
Its age is fifty moons
But I'm afraid that it will leave me cryyying
Its been making promises
That I will make great tunes

Someday soon
He'll release it
Some day... sooooon

And when he makes a post
Some folks ain’t got a good word to say
Guess it's 'cause they lost their hope
In a younger dayyyy...

Sooo go you older coder, code my dream for me
He's gonna go beyond three hundred moddd-ules
He loves to make improvements as much as a release

Someday soon
He'll release it
Some day... sooooon

Edit: Finished the lyrics to celebrate the upcoming release! :party:
Last edited by Michael L on Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he needs fewer tools."
Daags
KVRAF

Postby Daags; Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Michael L wrote:^^^ Daags, you should rewrite that as a Country & Western ballad, a Two-Step EDM:
(cue the lap steel guitar samples)

There's a program that I know
Its age is fifty moons
But I'm afraid that it will leave me cryyying

Its been making promises
That I will make great tunes

Someday soon
They'll release it
Some day... sooooon.

:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
bungle
KVRian

1444 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:10 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Reading all this crap, I would be surprised if he even comes back here to post before it is released.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
Michael L
KVRAF

1904 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:56 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Its a Virtuous Cycle:
Colin posts info
Users get interested
Colin notices, so improves it
Updates get Users more interested
Colin gets excited, so makes it even better
We set a record for posts about an unreleased product
Colin makes the most awesome software ever imagined...
:love:
Last edited by Michael L on Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he needs fewer tools."
deastman
KVRAF

6530 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

Happy New Year Colin!

I know it has to get discouraging to come back here to a thread full of doubts and mockery. Ultimately though, I’m confident that you’ll have the last laugh when !Epoch is released and kicks some serious sequencing ass! You’ve taken on a monumental development task, and all you can do now is to keep your head down and forge ahead. Just remember that there are plenty of us out here cheering you on, and eager to plunk down our cash as soon as possible.
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
mannymang
KVRer

10 posts since 10 Mar, 2014

Postby mannymang; Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:39 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

deastman wrote:Happy New Year Colin!

I know it has to get discouraging to come back here to a thread full of doubts and mockery. Ultimately though, I’m confident that you’ll have the last laugh when !Epoch is released and kicks some serious sequencing ass! You’ve taken on a monumental development task, and all you can do now is to keep your head down and forge ahead. Just remember that there are plenty of us out here cheering you on, and eager to plunk down our cash as soon as possible.

:tu:
Daags
KVRAF

Postby Daags; Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:14 pm Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

bungle wrote:Reading all this crap, I would be surprised if he even comes back here to post before it is released.

Crap like this ?:

bungle wrote:I really hope this is cheap, because it passed relevance a long time ago, like i say, I am already running Euclidean sequencers and such as plugins on IOS for £10 (Brambos Rozetta collection)
In its first couple of years this looked immense.
No disrespect mean't here by the way, I own everything by Loomer, but with no audio tracks, no clip launching etc etc, this looks dated already.

Euclidean sequencer ? £10 ? WOW-WEEEE-WOW .... LOL ... it boggles the mind that you are even in this thread if this is the muck you're spewing.

bungle wrote:My worry is that times have changed, its so long past due that i mostly compose on an iPad now and if it isn't released for IOS then i have wsy less interest in it than just getting Sequent updated and on IOS.
The sort of stuff this is touted of doing is all pretty standard stuff on IOS.

if it isn't released on iOS you have way less interest ? ... LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. ok pal, ya, that's a reasonable expectation to have. And everything !Epoch is touted to do is 'pretty standard stuff on iOS' ? .... double LOL ... when I asked you to substantiate that statement before you pointed me to a frigging mickey mouse euclidean sequencer. jesus wept!

bungle wrote:You either need to get this out for testing or delete these threads, it has become something of a joke now, for people who dont read this forum, you are another developer who disappeared ;)

not saying I disagree ... but just pointing out you say this kind of 'crap' yourself. people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, etc.
bungle
KVRian

1444 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:54 am Re: !Epoch, for the next 4 years

You are incapable of anything coherent so you just attack everything, you must be so so happy in your life as an online gangster, good luck with that hard man.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
PreviousNext

Moderator: colin@loomer

Return to Loomer