Cumulus CM

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Computer Music are now aware of the Linux 64-bit Cumulus archive problem on the DVD, and will have it fixed in the next issue (CM 171). I can also confirm that updates will be downloadable from our website, so you won't need to continually repurchase the magazine each time Cumulus gets improved. (Obviously, updates will also be on the CM DVD though for those who don't want to download them.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

A couple of non-UK'ers have asked about the easiest and quickest way of getting the magazine. I'm afraid I don't know exactly when and where Computer Music will appear on shelves, but it's fairly inexpensive to purchase a single issue from http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/m ... ck-issues/
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I've seen import copies of CM in the magazine section at Barnes & Noble in the States (Atlanta) frequently in the past. Think they were around $18.

Not sure how much later they get them in compared with the UK release though.

taoyoyo wrote:I've seen import copies of CM in the magazine section at Barnes & Noble in the States (Atlanta) frequently in the past. Think they were around $18.

Not sure how much later they get them in compared with the UK release though.
Here in Kentucky, its also around $18(the special editions and Future Music are about the same price), I was in BN last week but they did not have it yet :(

Give it another week or so,then check barnes again

Hi Guys

just tried camulus and I cannot get samples to restart/retrigger either using host sync or internal sync.

also loops dont dont seem be syncing to host (or even pitched) to host tempo.

topaz wrote:I cannot get samples to restart/retrigger either using host sync or internal sync.
Add a Scene Marker to where in the sample you want the trigger to start, and then trigger it either from the internal sequencer, or the corresponding MIDI note (listed in the manual.) If you're still having problems, let me know and I can post a few screenshots to point you in the right direction.
topaz wrote:also loops dont dont seem be syncing to host (or even pitched) to host tempo.
No, you'll need to set the playback speed yourself to match. Cumulus isn't a so much an Elastique-style loop retuner, more a granular mangler. Automatic tempo calculations are on the feature request list for a future iteration though.

ok, yep got that now thanks.

tempo sync even pitch would be cool for sure.

Great!
Just to make sure I get your request down properly on the request list, could you just clarify what you mean by 'pitch' here? Do you mean 'drum n bass style' (for want of a better description) tempo sync by transposing a loop up or down by however many semitones?

I just got the new CM, can't wait to use it. :D

Yes, I say that because asking for time stretch in what basically a free plugin
Would be taking the piss a bit .. Hehe :-)
CPB wrote:
Great!
Just to make sure I get your request down properly on the request list, could you just clarify what you mean by 'pitch' here? Do you mean 'drum n bass style' (for want of a better description) tempo sync by transposing a loop up or down by however many semitones?

It looks cool - is it planned to make a fuller featured version for sale?

aMUSEd wrote:It looks cool - is it planned to make a fuller featured version for sale?
Most CM plugins have been restricted versions of full software products, but in this case Loomer created a whole new product for CM which is indeed quite remarkable!

I've spent a week with Cumulus now (I'm in the UK!) and it's absolutely outstanding. It runs alongside my GRM Tools and complements them wonderfully. I would definitely pay for a Pro version but I can't think what more it would have!

Thanks all: good to hear that everyone seems to be really getting into Cumulus.
is it planned to make a fuller featured version for sale?
A pro version is currently not on the 'big Loomer masterplan', but the advantage of being a small company is that we can change directions fairly quickly. We've had a LOT of people saying they'd be happy to pay for a version that would do such and such, so it's definitely something we're listening to!

A lot of the technology from Cumulus (waveform viewer / sample browser / sample playback) will make it into some more products though. And now the plug-in framework changes that have taken the best part of a year are more or less done, product updates and new plug-ins should be a appearing a little more rapidly - or at least, that's the plan!

Return to “Loomer”