Cumulus CM

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jsp1979 wrote:Cumulus CM crashes Studio One v.2 for me.

Any others seeing this behavior?
Probably a known bug caused by an obscure and unlikely memory overwrite in an older version of the png library. I'm assuming this is Windows 32-bit, right? If so, I have an updated build if you'd like to try it?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Cumulus CM crashes Studio One v.2 for me.

Any others seeing this behavior?
Probably a known bug caused by an obscure and unlikely memory overwrite in an older version of the png library. I'm assuming this is Windows 32-bit, right? If so, I have an updated build if you'd like to try it?
Hi, thanks for the quick response. Yes, this is on Windows Vista 32-bit.

I'd be glad to try a new build to see if it works. I'll send you a PM with my email address.

CPB wrote:Thanks! Has anyone got CM 183 yet? If so, can they confirm/deny that the Linux content is now available in the digital download vault?

I have the magazine now, and i can confirm that you can download cumulus from the website.

$ unzip Linux_Software.zip
Archive: Linux_Software.zip
creating: Linux Software/
creating: Linux Software/energyXT/
inflating: Linux Software/energyXT/about energyXT CM edition.pdf
inflating: Linux Software/energyXT/energyXT253_linux.tar.gz
inflating: Linux Software/energyXT/whats new in version 2.5.3.pdf
creating: Linux Software/Plug-ins/
creating: Linux Software/Plug-ins/Loomer Cumulus/
inflating: Linux Software/Plug-ins/Loomer Cumulus/Cumulus Manual.pdf
inflating: Linux Software/Plug-ins/Loomer Cumulus/Cumulus.tar.gz
inflating: Linux Software/Plug-ins/Loomer Cumulus/Cumulus_x86_64.tar.gz

Thanks for letting me know cajmere; much appreciated. Good news for all who were waiting for the Linux software to be included in the CM vault.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I cannot seem to get the standalone version of CM Cumulus working on my machine (Windows 7 64-bit). It crashes outright with this info:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cumulus.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 4e255601
Fault Module Name: StackHash_428f
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 428f
Additional Information 2: 428fb6e0393114062097f9466b577692
Additional Information 3: d9cd
Additional Information 4: d9cdb93e991c1015a638e3af7b07bc95

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409)

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

jonheal wrote:I cannot seem to get the standalone version of CM Cumulus working on my machine (Windows 7 64-bit). It crashes outright with this info:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cumulus.exe
Application Version: 1.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 4e255601
Fault Module Name: StackHash_428f
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000ce6c3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 428f
Additional Information 2: 428fb6e0393114062097f9466b577692
Additional Information 3: d9cd
Additional Information 4: d9cdb93e991c1015a638e3af7b07bc95

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= ... cid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
Hmm, sorry to hear, I'm on the same system and have no issues running the standalone.

I did a google search using some info from your post and found this(its for windows-explorer, but your could be caused by the same I'm thinking, since I can run the standalone on my Windows 7 64-Bit system)
http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-su ... ashes.html

If their info is accurate, it might help. But I'm sure you'll hear from Colin as well.
Please note, I'm not a coder, its just a shot :)

jonheal, I've PM'd you with a build which (hopefully) fixes this. Let me know how you get on.

I apologize if it have already been asked, but why does Cumulus play constantly without stopping in FL Studio, even when the sync to host option is on?

I've a fix that changes this behaviour. There was a reason for it working like that originally, but I'm stumped to remember what it was!

If you can give me a day or so to check a few things first, I can email you this Cumulus update.

colin@loomer wrote:I've a fix that changes this behaviour. There was a reason for it working like that originally, but I'm stumped to remember what it was!

If you can give me a day or so to check a few things first, I can email you this Cumulus update.
Oh great, i appreciate it :)

[Mod Edit: emailed address removed]

No problem!

(I've also removed your email address from the post, saving you from being targeted by spam-bots!)

colin@loomer wrote:I've a fix that changes this behaviour. There was a reason for it working like that originally, but I'm stumped to remember what it was!

If the mod is for the Mac version as well, I'd love to get it (PM me please)!

It is, and will do, jc_vt!

I've been through the code, and suddenly remembered why it works this way.

Even when the host transport is stopped, the grains need to be playing. Otherwise you'd hear nothing until FL's transport starts. I've played around with this, and it doesn't feel right: if nothing else, it makes sound designing a bit of a pain to have to ensure the host is always playing.

If you think of Cumulus as a sampler, the way it is working is actually standard behaviour. I think the reason it feels different is because Cumulus can play a note forever if the decay is set to Off (in which case, the STOP button on the bottom of the UI, next to the grain display, can be used to kill any currently playing notes.)

So, the upshot of this, I'm not sure if this does need changing. I'm not saying I won't change it, just that I need to be convinced. If anyone has any suggestions as to how it should work, I'm listening.

(I do, however, think there is merit in changing the Sequencer to obey the host's transport playing/stopped state, even in Local mode.)

I still don't get why Cumulus won't "shut up" when i press stop in my daw, and i want silence. It's impossible to produce when one synth is always being heard :/

Return to “Loomer”