(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now that's an impressive project.. Must have been a whole lot of work :o

So I guess we can dream about a full modular Loomer Aspect with onboard sequencer/arp and effects now too? :love:

:shock: :love: :hyper:
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

hey colin...

been waiting for this kind of thing for PC for years
as well as a host
will it work as a vst?
so many questions....

dave

Nielzie wrote:So I guess we can dream about a full modular Loomer Aspect with onboard sequencer/arp and effects now too? :love:
I can only be nagged into revealing details about one forthcoming project at a time ... but let's just you're not a million miles away. Lots of re-usable technology was developed for this project, and it'll certainly be finding itself in other Loomer apps! ;)
dave dove wrote:been waiting for this kind of thing for PC for years
as well as a host
will it work as a vst?
so many questions....
Ask away. A few things aren't set in stone yet, but I'll try to answer as best as I can with what I believe will be the final feature-set for the 1.0 release.

Yes, it will work as both a standalone application and plug-in, in the usual formats: Audio Unit, VST, and RTAS; 64-bit where applicable (and with a few other formats being targeted at some future point too...)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:[Lots of re-usable technology was developed for this project, and it'll certainly be finding itself in other Loomer apps! ;)
Hinting about something cool for mobile? (I HOPE!)
My webcomic that has absolutely nothing to do with music, plugins, technology or football: http://friedcheeseballs.com/start

Wow! I've been waiting for something like this for years! I always wanted Numerology but sadly it's only available for Mac! Epoch looks like a really cool alternative.

This is awesome!

At the moment I'm using Reaktor for this kind of stuff but it would be very, very nice to have a dedicated plugin for it!
Funnily enough I just built a neural network sequencer in Reaktor a few hours ago :)

It's fun not to use the triggers of the neurons directly but to use them to step through a table by the way. I love to experiment with exactly this kind of stuff and Epoch looks like the perfect environment for this!

Really, really cool stuff!

Cheers
Dennis

Bronto Scorpio wrote: It's fun not to use the triggers of the neurons directly but to use them to step through a table by the way.

You've got it, Epoch is fantastic for things like this! Surprisingly easy to do as well: the sequencer modules have a mode in which they step through incrementally when an input port gets a high gate signal, so you can build something like this in minutes. They also have a raw step index input if you want to create your own step playback position logic.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

CPB wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote: It's fun not to use the triggers of the neurons directly but to use them to step through a table by the way.

You've got it, Epoch is fantastic for things like this! Surprisingly easy to do as well: the sequencer modules have a mode in which they step through incrementally when an input port gets a high gate signal, so you can build something like this in minutes. They also have a raw step index input if you want to create your own step playback position logic.
Awesome! I'm really excited about this! That usually never happens :hihi:

:hyper:

Cheers
Dennis

Can Epoch deal with long sysex messages? For example, would it be possible to transmit text strings from Epoch via sysex? Perhaps with help from the LUA module?

justin3am wrote:Can Epoch deal with long sysex messages? For example, would it be possible to transmit text strings from Epoch via sysex? Perhaps with help from the LUA module?
At the moment, no, but I will add it the features request list. Its certainly an interesting idea, although, for various technical reasons, more likely to be in a future version than what we're aiming for with the first release.

Epoch currently has two data types, Note and CV, and adding a third, unbounded text strings, would take a significant redesign. Realtime modular patching systems and variable length strings do not make good bedfellows! On saying that, I can reassure you that the Lua module is completely realtime safe: it uses our own custom memory allocator so you can create objects without any fear of stalling or blocking the audio thread.

All Quiet in Loomer Land therefore......

All Hell is About to Break Loose..........

:P

HunterKiller wrote:All Quiet in Loomer Land therefore......

All Hell is About to Break Loose..........

:P
Like it! :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Hmmmm, this sounds very interesting! Yes, definitely better idea than to release yet another synth or FX.

Will it be available as VST, so we can load it into another DAW? EnergyXT style? I somehow think this question is completely unnecessary... :hihi: However, just to make sure. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:Will it be available as VST, so we can load it into another DAW? EnergyXT style?
Yes: as well as the standalone app, it comes in VST, Audio Unit, and RTAS plug-in formats, with VST and Audio Unit plug-ins also supporting native 64-bit modes.

Holy bananas! Excellent! :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Loomer”