(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nearly two years since I wrote "This makes me think something is coming" Colin.
In all seriousness is this product now shelved.? I can't imagine what could take so long if it isn't.
Every time someone mentions it you keep saying it's just around the corner but after 2 years......??
Come clean Sir! You make the finest plugins in the west, pray tell what is going on...and no reply of "Just finishing x y z" please?

All meant in good faith.

He already told he tries to get it out before the end of this year. My advice is not to chime in every week to hurry him.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

pinki wrote:Nearly two years since I wrote "This makes me think something is coming" Colin.
In all seriousness is this product now shelved.? I can't imagine what could take so long if it isn't.
Every time someone mentions it you keep saying it's just around the corner but after 2 years......??
Come clean Sir! You make the finest plugins in the west, pray tell what is going on...and no reply of "Just finishing x y z" please?
And if 'what is going on' is that, to Colin, it actually seems to be just around the corner? What more are you after, something that's not properly finished? It'll be done when its done, badgering him wont change that.

Its not like what's being proposed is something simple and basic, especially if its going to host plugins, and its not going to happen faster just because you know about it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Well thank you for your ticking off...

1. I have not "chimed in every week" so I don't know what or to whom you are referring.

2. Whilst your advice is appreciated you will notice I am the OP ...from 2 years ago when it was just around the corner, so I think it's kinda OK to say "what's going on?"

But I really don't want to get into a flame, just wondering Colin, really wondering.

It is still absolutely being developed, but the truth of the matter is that it's a huge project, the largest I've ever undertaken by quite a considerable margin. The version that I originally planned for release earlier in the year quickly outgrew its baby clothes as the, literally, hundreds of feature requests came in. I quickly realised it's better to make the product that people want, rather than take the simpler path of releasing the more limited version I was close to finishing.

If it does put your mind at ease, I should mention that the product (or the framework which all Loomer products use) is being worked on full-time, every day, and is still my number one priority. It'll get there in the end.

I do apologise for anyone who is disappointed in the wait: trust me, I'm as sad as you are that you aren't all using this, but as I've said before: a late project is only for a while, but a great one is great forever. I'd rather take the time and get it perfect.

(And pinki, absolutely no hard feelings on my part. I appreciate a good reminder every now and then that people are waiting for this!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Hey Colin

No problem..I guess I might be either annoying or motivating or both, but to know you have a hungry audience is to be wanted!

Have a good Christmas.

colin@loomer wrote:
carfian wrote:Is there a possibility we will see something in 2013 or is this likely to appear way off in 2014?
I'd like to get this out in 2013, and according to my roadmap it's possible, but as you all know by now me and plans do not always agree on how long things will take. Seriously though, I am still aiming for a (late) 2013 public release.
Any news?

:-P

Still coding strong. Remind me, how many days are left in 2013? :P
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Remind me, how many days are left in 2013? :P
less than 30 - much less :)

I am really looking forward to see what you have designed, but happy for you not to rush

colin@loomer wrote:Still coding strong. Remind me, how many days are left in 2013? :P
-18 :ud:

Now its time to hurry:
Bitwig is released at 26 of March 2014!

actual day count -22

I was very happy the last two years with a MiniMac and Numerology, actually at version 4!

Oh gosh, I better get my fingers limbered up for some coding then!

:hihi:

Ping?

I still haven't found my dream-midi-mangling-tool...

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Ping noted!

Return to “Loomer”