(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope that is the new String synthesizer ... Can't wait !
Zeuhl Muzik for ever !

And if it's not, what will it be?
A host, a sequencer?
:?:

Mekanik Zain wrote:I hope that is the new String synthesizer ... Can't wait !
Hi you ! Happy to see you here. It's not really a synth, but something more sophisticated.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

It's not really a synth, but something more sophisticated.
Indeed! And as soon as the UI is finalised, all shall be revealed, (although I'm thinking perhaps a little early teaser screen-shot release wouldn't hurt... keep your eyes peeled over the next few days!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

:wheee:
Stanlea wrote:Hi you ! Happy to see you here
What a surprise ! I'm happy to see you here too !

Can you tell me more about this new Loomer Project via MP ?

Hurry up ! Can't wait ! :wink:
Zeuhl Muzik for ever !

CPB wrote:(although I'm thinking perhaps a little early teaser screen-shot release wouldn't hurt... keep your eyes peeled over the next few days!)
Lurking around.... ;)

Hehe ... soon my impatient followers, soon! ;) ( Currently doing a big redesign of a central UI component, so no sneak previews at just this time! )
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

phooey...

dave

Actually, I guess I could tease you with a few more details, and a (more or less) finished look at one of the parts.

The next product is called Epoch, and it's a modular sequencing environment. Think Thesys + Reaktor. At the most basic level, you have a massively powerful set of step sequencers, with all the nice features you'd expect (forward, reverse, pendulum playback modes; grooves; step repeat and skip, and a huge amount more). But you can also modulate each sequencer with every other sequencer; a pair of CV rows could be used to control the start and end loop markers of another sequencer, for example, or could slowly step through a numbers of keys and scales (which can be fully customised, fans of the Mela Sadvidhamargini scale will be pleased to hear).

But if that isn't enough, you can also dive in at a lower level and start creating your own sequencers, arpeggiators, generators, and processors. Presented below is the Routing Window (actually, it's a macro, within a macro, within the Routing window). Here, we're seeing the core logic for a little neural net influenced generative sequencer I'm playing with. This macro can be copied and re-used as required: in fact, this particular generator uses 8 of these. Also note the Lua module and script editor: sometimes, connecting components together to form complex functional blocks is a little cumbersome: for these occasions, you can code your own module logic directly using the built-in Lua scripting environment.

Audio Unit users will also be pleased to hear that it hosts plug-ins directly, so there are no pains with IAC's dodgy MIDI timing when used in Logic. Epoch will be available for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows.

Next teaser will be the sequencer window itself, but that will, I'm afraid, have to wait until another day!

EDIT: Made screenshot clickable to see larger image.

Wow a huge project- no wonder...... I think I can safely say this will be worth the wait. Congratulations are early but....hey, well done!

(You've hit the mark as well I think- the world of sequencing is in need of more developed and interesting tools)
Last edited by pinki on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

wow :-o looks ambitious and you've caught my attention.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys, hope Epoch doesn't disappoint!

This will be big! For me and my music at least. :-)

Cool! Very exciting!! Thanks for the peek 8)
I knew we'd break you in the end. :hihi:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

:tu: :clap: :tu:

Return to “Loomer”