(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess.. the 64 bit version will only be able to host 64 bit stuff and with 32 vice versa?
There are no scheduled plans for writing my own bridge. For the time being, you'd best assume 64-bit will host only 64-bit, 32-bit only 32-bit, and - going old school now - ppc will only host ppc. If cross architecture hosting is needed, there are some good third party bridging plug-ins available - jBridge, for one. The usual democratic rules apply here though: if enough people nag me for a bridge, I'll get my pontifex hat on and build one!

All this talk of crossover and hosting, and no mention of the phenomenal MuLab / MUX yet?
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Oh shit, so jbridge will work in epoch? that's cool and good enough :)

colin@loomer wrote:
I guess.. the 64 bit version will only be able to host 64 bit stuff and with 32 vice versa?
There are no scheduled plans for writing my own bridge. For the time being, you'd best assume 64-bit will host only 64-bit, 32-bit only 32-bit, and - going old school now - ppc will only host ppc. If cross architecture hosting is needed, there are some good third party bridging plug-ins available - jBridge, for one. The usual democratic rules apply here though: if enough people nag me for a bridge, I'll get my pontifex hat on and build one!
Is it possible to make a ppc to intel bridge? - that would be very useful

aMUSEd wrote:
colin@loomer wrote:
Is it possible to make a ppc to intel bridge? - that would be very useful
that would require emulating the PPC processor, (probably with its own Carbon-capable OSX virtual machine)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yeah cause in lion upwards no rosetta.. spectrasonics did that for it's pre intel stuff, but the user had to have rosetta installed.

But only after the Windows 3.1 Emulator, I insist. ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Hello,

Sorry but i was thinking of Epoch as an new modular sequencer environment that could be used inside my favorite so called DAW as a plugin?
Or is it more a universal plugin DAW its self?

BTW: Still no new pictures?

best
jue
Located in the European Outback

jue wrote:Sorry but i was thinking of Epoch as an new modular sequencer environment that could be used inside my favorite so called DAW as a plugin?
That's what it is.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Sorry but i was thinking of Epoch as an new modular sequencer environment that could be used inside my favorite so called DAW as a plugin?
Or is it more a universal plugin DAW its self?
It is primarily a modular sequencer environment, but it can also (optionally) host plug-ins. If you use it as a plug-in in a DAW which supports plug-in to plug-in MIDI routing - something most VST hosts do - you can use it to generate MIDI, and route this to another plug-in hosted by your DAW.

Or, you can host the plug-ins directly; most handy when your DAW (*cough* Logic) doesn't support routing MIDI from a plug-in. The RTAS versions, however, will not - and most likely, never - support plug-in hosting.

Or you can run it as a standalone app.
Still no new pictures?
I'm afraid not. For the past month I've been rewriting various bits of boring, but crucial, code, ensuring that I'm not designing myself into a corner. There were some limitations I reckoned would have eventually caused issues. I'd rather deal with them now, than be forced in the future to choose between backwards compatibility and feature requests.

Sorry for using the word plug-in so much in this post! :P
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Any thoughts on a price point?

gckilla wrote:Any thoughts on a price point?
Colin replied earlier in this thread:
colin@loomer wrote:
TheoM wrote:Any projected price? I am guessing (hoping) around 100 bucks.
The pricing is (honestly!) still undecided, but I'd say your figure is pretty much on-the-nose of what I anticipate for the beta price.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Yes.
I'd curious to know if 100 bucks means 100$ (VAT included), or 100£ (VAT excluded), which would be twice the price.
($$ is the most common currency on the internet, but Loomer prices are all in pounds, with additional VAT).

No final decision about the price has been made, but think somewhere around the Thesys and Numerology pricing and you won't go far wrong.
I'd curious to know if 100 bucks means 100$ (VAT included), or 100£ (VAT excluded)
Not a definite figure by any means, but the likely beta pricing I've been floating around is £65, with VAT on top of that for our European friends, or $100 to the rest of the world.

beta pricing floating around is £65 with VAT for our European friends

its about 75 Euros says my currency calculator
Located in the European Outback

colin@loomer wrote:Sorry for using the word plug-in so much in this post! :P
I think that's also the first time I've seen you use an emoticon :-o :wheee:
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Return to “Loomer”