(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jue wrote:beta pricing floating around is £65 with VAT for our European friends

its about 75 Euros says my currency calculator
yep, plus VAT
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Sorry but my English is not so good:

colin wrote: £65 with VAT

Does this "with" really mean the VAT is not included?

If not, its about 90 Euros then

best
jue :?:
Located in the European Outback

jue wrote:Sorry but my English is not so good:

colin wrote: £65 with VAT

Does this "with" really mean the VAT is not included?
actually he wrote '£65, with VAT on top of that'. Which really means the VAT is additional to that £65, yes.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Are we there yet ?
<repeat x1000>

I am checking regularly too!
what you don't know only makes you stronger

Well, we're definitely closer than we were last time!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

colin@loomer wrote:Well, we're definitely closer than we were last time!
just don't overshoot :)
what you don't know only makes you stronger

bam! found 'ya. you cute little epoch...

Are we nearly there yet?

No news, good news.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Not only are we nearer, the Lua module has been spiced up too. Limitations restricting the number of Lua modules allowable at one time are now lifted. You'll thank me for this improvement one day!

Rewriting code is generally long, painful, and thankless, but seeing how much cleaner Epoch's internal structure is - and, more importantly, how expandable Epoch'll be in the future - I know the past few months of code rewrites and improvements have been worth pushing the release date back for.

Of course, I would say that: I still get to use Epoch on a daily basis :P
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Following a discussion with Jeff from Cerberus Audio, who also have a product called Epoch in development, we've decided that our product will be renamed. Having two plug-ins called Epoch would just serve to confuse the community, so we mutually decided a change of name is in order. And the fact is, Cerberus Audio got there first by a matter of months, so it is only fair that they get to use the name.

This does leave the-product-formerly-known-as-Epoch currently nameless. I do have a list of other previously rejected names to mull over, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I settle on a new name. In the intermin, if anyone has any naming suggestions, I'm all ears!

Once the name is decided, I'll post a sticky thread and update the existing thread titles to ensure no-one gets confused.

Thanks again to Jeff from Cerberus Audio for bringing this to our attention, and for being a thoroughly nice chap whilst we debated the best remedy for our naming conflict. Be sure to check out their plug-ins at www.cerberusaudio.com

Why not just Loom (or MidiLoom)? It fits your company name and a loom is for knitting or weaving threads together which is what your midi plugin/hosts does - it weaves together other instruments into a more complex tapestry of sound.

Make it a web-app and call it Loomr

<slaps self>

well if the sequencer formerly known as Epoch is going to be your flagship app/plugin then maybe Loom is a safe suggestion, seems to be the norm with other successful devs.

what about Analog Inspired Digital Sequencer, or A.I.D.S for short ?

Return to “Loomer”