(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Animate / Animation / Animator / Animato (def: "musical direction with animation")

Liven or Enliven

Vital / Vitality /Vitalize

Dharma (more powerful--I hope!--than Karma?) :-)

colin@loomer wrote:Yes, I'm really liking Architect too.
Then, make it so!

Definitely the best name of all suggested. Loomer Architect. Just rolls off the tongue!

BTW, congrats on this, Colin. I didn't use Loomer plugins till now, but Architect (hint, hint ;)) might be the first one, since that Numerology guy seems to be too stuck up to port it to PC! :D

I think "Architect" misleadingly suggests a too-static scenario (as in "cast in stone"), whereas this plug-in apparently is fundamentally dynamic. And "Architect" doesn't exactly roll off of _my_ (American English as first language) tongue.

Greg Williams

Architect stands for "designer" or "creator". It's a question whether Colin wants the overarching theme of the plugin to be represented in the name or whether he wants uniqueness.

Epoch was pretty good actually. And so are many other suggestions in the thread here.
Maybe if it was narrowed down to a few, it could be further refined.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

erm...Arkitek?
ArchiTech?

:shrug:

That's just bastardizing it. It doesn't even look nice. :D

Has anyone suggested Loomer Confucius yet?
Or Loomer Simon Says. :)

Now that's funny :D

hehe, mark my words, one day we'll all be drooling over Native Instruments Arkitekt. mark me words my son... :D

perhaps Monarkitekt, the Reaktor take on the Moog Modular :hihi:

gwill wrote:I think "Architect" misleadingly suggests a too-static scenario (as in "cast in stone"), whereas this plug-in apparently is fundamentally dynamic. And "Architect" doesn't exactly roll off of _my_ (American English as first language) tongue.

Greg Williams
I really prefer the ones like mesh, braid and loom as they conceptually seem to link to the functionality (as far as I can understand that) - and are short. No doubt there have been others along those lines too

woggle wrote:
gwill wrote:I think "Architect" misleadingly suggests a too-static scenario (as in "cast in stone"), whereas this plug-in apparently is fundamentally dynamic. And "Architect" doesn't exactly roll off of _my_ (American English as first language) tongue.

Greg Williams
I really prefer the ones like mesh, braid and loom as they conceptually seem to link to the functionality (as far as I can understand that) - and are short. No doubt there have been others along those lines too
Agreed, and a short singular name would fit nicely with the other Loomer products (which is why I suggested Weave) ;)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

Loomer Cog

Loomer Link

Loomer Reloom

Loomer Lola

Loomer Mayday (Birthday Beta Edition) :wink:

Loomer Ramen

Loomer Lepidoptera

Loomer Neo

Loomer Holiday (my first week off this year and need something to play with)

Loomer Loomer

Loomer Lost Marbles

Loomer Picard

Loomer Little
Loomer Lot
Loomer Bolt....cos it rhymes with volt, and implies that it's very fast...

Loomer Neuron...dammit Hartmann...!

Loomerology...but that would just be too cheeky. or would it..?

Return to “Loomer”