(the product formerly known as) Epoch

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Falcon does seem neat, although I don't think that it and (tpfka) Epoch are necessarily aiming to do the same thing. A little coding does go a long way with Epoch though, so it's certainly worth boning up on your Lua scripting: a scant few lines of code can save you a lot of modular routing if you'd prefer to go down that route, although with the new event handling system which got rewritten over the summer, the cases where you needed Lua as opposed to using raw modules have reduced significantly.

Unfortunately, with the best will in the world, some things just take time. And it's frustrating for me that I've had previous versions nearly ready, but just haven't felt they quite hit the spot. Rewriting, for example, the event system was a pain - lots of development work and breaking backwards compatibility with the previous library modules - but it was definitely worth it in the end. And so the same with all the other changes I've made. I'd rather it be late & great than early & disappointing.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I believe :pray:

woggle wrote:thanks I will PM him as your investigation is not so 'uplifting'. Even without, Falcon might make a nice scratchpad for developing pieces - I can always rewrite the code into Matlab to output midi if needed.
If all you want to do is write code to generate MIDI output, you can do that in just about any language. I believe the Chrome browser even supports MIDI output now via Javascript. Processing is another programming environment which is extremely easy to work with and there are tons of examples. https://processing.org

Of course, nothing could ever take the place of Not-poch, of which I eagerly await the imminent release. ;)
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
woggle wrote:thanks I will PM him as your investigation is not so 'uplifting'. Even without, Falcon might make a nice scratchpad for developing pieces - I can always rewrite the code into Matlab to output midi if needed.
If all you want to do is write code to generate MIDI output, you can do that in just about any language. I believe the Chrome browser even supports MIDI output now via Javascript. Processing is another programming environment which is extremely easy to work with and there are tons of examples. https://processing.org

Of course, nothing could ever take the place of Not-poch, of which I eagerly await the imminent release. ;)
sure - I use Matlab to write things like this (below) for example but having an interactive scripting environment would be better. Looks like Falcon will fit the bill and when/if !Epoch comes out I will most likely buy it as well
https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/someone-will-come
also and quite different
https://soundcloud.com/greghooper/varia ... g-cakewalk

if you are a Python programmer this is worth a look http://web.mit.edu/music21/

Can we expect this by summer 2016 ? I'll have some downtime around the beginning of May.

Daags wrote:Can we expect this by summer 2016 ? I'll have some downtime around the beginning of May.
Considering Fallout 4 comes out on Tuesday, that may well be the case for me I reckon :scared:

May-Be?

;-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Long before that, my eager pals. By the summer, you'll all be nagging me for version 1.3, I hope.

I didn't realise Fallout 4 was out this week, though. I guess in the interests of timescales, I'll probably not be getting this day one. That, and the fact that New Vegas is still on my backlog!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Update 1.3 coming :hyper:

Some of us were a bit disappointed with a few of the bugs in the last update, so this is great news!
:hihi:

Doug1978 wrote:Some of us were a bit disappointed with a few of the bugs in the last update, so this is great news!
:hihi:
Speak for yourself. I just thought it had too much in it, so hopefully the new update will remove those unneeded features... :borg:

colin@loomer wrote:Long before that, my eager pals.
I won't hold you to that .... but I'll hold you to pre-summer 2016 : )

are you confident enough to say...pre-2016 ?

Haha, why are people still asking for dates ? Just let him finish it, it exists, it has existed in various guises, whenever there is an issue or a rewrite needed to make things more usable he tells you, you dont need a date..

User "Does this thing really exist and will it ever be released"
Colin "Yes"

Now leave him alone until its released lol
Duh

History became legend, legend became myth and for one thousand three hundred and sixty four days, an Epoch passed out of all knowledge until, when chance came, it ensnared a new forum member.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Hello Collin,

any date for the 2.0 planed?

or is there a 1.55 before and you sell your company?

best
jue
Located in the European Outback

Return to “Loomer”