Anyone wanna share aspect patches?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I got aspect for christmas! I'm already having alot of fun programming this thing, and was surprised to find that no patches seems to have been shared anywhere!

Anyone interrested in sharing patches? I suggest a dropbox folder, and that we try to be as open as possible about the efford...

I've got a whole slew of them (admittedly, most of which need to be tagged, tweaked and normalised). If you wouldn't mind setting up a drop-box, I'd be happy to contribute.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That sound great! Which mail should i send the invite to?

Have you though about whether the dropbox folder would be the only place you store your original patches and if not how to manage the double locations

Which mail should i send the invite to?
Append a .co.uk onto the end of my KVR username. Thanks!
Have you though about whether the dropbox folder would be the only place you store your original patches and if not how to manage the double locations.
No idea, to be honest! I'm way out of the loop when it comes to Dropbox: any thoughts about what the general approach is when using Dropbox like this? In the past, I've always tended to keep my own local, self-maintained, copies and then sync uploads with Dropbox's web UI.

And as a slight tangent, I do have the barest bones of a web-based preset sharing app prototyped. It will, eventually, become part of the Loomer website re-do, which I imagine will make this sort of preset sharing task so much the easier!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

This is a good idea. I don't have a lot of my own patches. Mostly just tweaks on existing presets. Would love to hear/expand on what others have managed to create in aspect.

colin@loomer wrote:
Which mail should i send the invite to?
Append a .co.uk onto the end of my KVR username. Thanks!
You are now invited to a dropbox folder!
colin@loomer wrote:And as a slight tangent, I do have the barest bones of a web-based preset sharing app prototyped. It will, eventually, become part of the Loomer website re-do, which I imagine will make this sort of preset sharing task so much the easier!
Could prove to boost sharing if done right. The only thing I'm missing from dropbox, in this regard, is to make my own patches read-only. For now I'm rsyncing the dropbox folder to another folder, which is in git, should hopefully be ok...

Thanks for the invite atte. I'll be sure to check out your presets - and add some of my own - when I get a spare moment.
Could prove to boost sharing if done right.
I hope so too. The actual preset sharing mechanisms; the uploading and downloading, is trivial. I still need to bash out the finer details when it comes to preset ownership - such as who can overwrite or update a preset? - but overall I've got a solid system in mind.

Can I please download these patches?
I just bought Aspect and I'm keen to hear what others are doing with it.
Thank you!
Simon

sqigls wrote:Can I please download these patches?
Well I was really hoping for some kind of collaboration, someone to share patches with, hence the dropbox. Till now noone has contributed, so all patches are by me. I guess my expectations were too high, nobody seems to be programming their own sounds these days, which I really don't understand.

So here's the deal: everyone that has creates patches are more than welcome to join the dropbox folder (drop a message below, I don't read this regularily, and I'll invite you), all others can freeload them here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulvf17gfnhdyrzg/UJ_vMpfGjD

Only just noticed this and its a great idea! I have some patches,not many but I will upload them. Not got access to my PC atm but will have later on.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Sorry atte - I did have every good intention to share some of my presets too, but simply didn't around to it. I'll see if I can find an hour today to sort through some and get them uploaded.

jethrobull wrote:Only just noticed this and its a great idea! I have some patches,not many but I will upload them.
You can't upload without being invited... When you're ready for sharing something, drop me your mail (if you already have a dropbox account, the one you use with dropbox) and I'll invite you.

My contact info is on my webpage:

http://atte.dk/kontakt

colin@loomer wrote:Sorry atte - I did have every good intention to share some of my presets too, but simply didn't around to it. I'll see if I can find an hour today to sort through some and get them uploaded.
Sounds great. Remember to tag them with your name, so we know which ones came from who...

I will definitely contribute, the reason I bought Aspect is to tweak it.

I have a handful of patches too, wouldn't mind adding them if they are any good!
Stephen

Return to “Loomer”