Resound suggestion, and Aspect/String questions re presets. **wooh am officially a loomerite**

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

March 1st - YAY!!! Have started with manifold and String.. i FINALLY have a vintage string synth .YAYAY! Next is resound when lowpass added :) :hyper:

original post:

Colin i am literally champing at the bit to buy resound for ages as it is the perfect delay with true reverse that can be popped in and a result gotten in seconds.

BUT PLEASE please please add a lowpass. I can't understand any scenario where someone would be opposed to having this option there, and i am a bit surprised it isn't :(

Give me good news?

Also, any plans to expand the presets of aspect and string? I notice sadly there are no 3rd party banks around, it truly sucks that sound designers have not embraced your awesome synths, i literally don't get it to be honest. I mean it is clear you are a good sound designer yourself from the presets, but i would want more...

any plans?

Cheers!

Theo
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Give me good news?
Good news! Adding a lowpass filter is riding high atop the Resound development map. The only reason it hasn't been implemented yet is because I haven't quite figured out the cleanest way of adding it without breaking backwards compatibility. I'll likely tackle this for Resound's next major upgrade.
Also, any plans to expand the presets of aspect and string?
Absolutely. In the short term, I have some sound designers on board for the Aspect 2 factory sounds. Longer term, I've been working at an online based preset sharing system, accessible from both within the products and directly from your web browser. I'm hoping having such a simple sharing mechanism in place will encourage the community to share and collaborate on beefing up the sound libraries. So many ideas, so little time! :wink:
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Fantastic. Hopefully you could do if going online, like Cable guys do with Curve where there is a quality control and they officially approve presets which you can filter, i.e, only show approved, or show all.

Ok Colin, going to have a bit of a rest and when i wake up am finally going to spend some $$ on loomer. Will have to be one by one slowly each time i get paid. I think i start with manifold today, sequent next payday :)

SOOOO before i do this, are there ANY plans for bundles. I KNOW you don't do specials, which is great, because the products do not lose value, but i never really quite understood why no bundles. It's not as if someone could resell parts of the bundle and get their money back and use one item for free for example, as the bundles would be tied together.
Before i buy, just wanted to get your honest thoughts on this. Your answer will hopefully be up when i arise and ready to buy

Cheers and thanks for all the prompt answers so far. BTW i *think* there is a way to add lowpass without breaking backwards compat. Make it an on off button, greyed out, so identical if disabled, i.e projects currently would read it as disabled, no sound alteration, pressing tiny button or the rotary slider itself, even better, un greys the low pass for use.

Just a thought :)

TheoM wrote:are there ANY plans for bundles.
Not at this time, I'm afraid. My main concern has always been that previous customers will feel cheated because they didn't get bundle pricing. I think once Epoch is out, and my brain has a little less to worry about, I'll have a long think about pricing structures. I'm sure I can come up with something both enticing to new Loomerites, and that doesn't alienate the old fan-base.
Hopefully you could do if going online, like Cable guys do with Curve where there is a quality control and they officially approve presets which you can filter, i.e, only show approved, or show all.
I didn't think of that, to be honest, but it makes sense. Consider it noted; thanks for the suggestion.
i *think* there is a way to add lowpass without breaking backwards compat. Make it an on off button, greyed out,
I'm thinking along those lines, and for symmetry I'd probably make the HP switchable too.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Ok cool and understandable re bundles, was waiting for answer before shopping.. ok.. will grab two or three that i really want in the next 24 hrs then. Cheers Colin, looking forward to officially being a loomerite! :tu:

Return to “Loomer”